Tascam 85-16 16 Track 1" Balanced I/O

ram3n

I currently own a Tascam 85-16 that has RCA unbalanced inputs and outputs. I would like to upgrade to the balanced I/O that was optional with the original unit. I got the following model numbers from the owners manual:

1. 5640009100 Input Panel Unit IP-16
2. LA-8 Line Output Amplifier Unit with CK-163 cable

Does anyone have any useful info about these units?
Does anyone know where I can get these?

ram3n - I don't have an answer for you but am curious about the deck. Do you have any pictures of it? I have a Tascam MS-16 1" deck which does have balanced in's and out's I wonder if the parts are similar... you may be able to widen your search... just a thought. I have heard that Tascam does not support the old analog decks anymore, but it may be worth a phone call to them to see if they still have any the boards your looking for in stock.

Cheers
Kevin.

Thanks for the reply... sorry it's taken me so long to reply... I've been out of town. I attached a picture of the machine, but it's of the front only. So I'm not sure if this will be very useful.

Attachments

• tascam 85-16.jpg
    tascam 85-16.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 82
Hmm... interesting. It may still be worth a call to Tascam to see if they have what your looking for. While you have a tech on the phone, ask if any parts from either the MS-16 or the ATx-60 ? machines are usable. Here is a pic of an MS-16 - Similar yet different :)

Good Luck.

Attachments

• ms16.gif
    ms16.gif
    34.2 KB · Views: 95
Back