Tascam 688 - Sending All Tracks Individually To ProTools

Doug_3

I'm a new owner of a 688 and have all the basic tracking/mixdown functions covered, but because the manual is outdated towards more recent technology i was wondering if i could get some help.

Sending a mixdown into ProTools is easy enough, but is it possible to feed all tracks individually without having to send them one at a time and attempt to sequence them afterwards. Essentially, can you send 8 individual outs? Am i being confusing or missing the obvious?

Also, with high bias cassette's becoming harder to find, are the bulk buy Trutone tapes available through Musicians Friend comprable to Maxell XLII and others of the sort?

Thanks.

Doug,

Why buy the trutone when you can get real XL-II's from tapes.com for $0.85 each? Yep...cehck them out. There's a thread here on that. I just bought 30 XL-II's for about $35 shipped. Good vendor. The trutone tapes are not as good a quality IIRC. A Reel Person knows something more about that I believe...

And on your transfer to Protools...you should be able to connect the 8 TAPE OUT jacks to 8 inputs of your choice on your DAW interface, setup 8 tracks in Protools, arm tracks, press play on the 688 and transfer away 8-at-a-time.

Am I missing something?

Thanks a lot. That should cover it, i figured it would be something as simple. The tape outs run directly from the Multitrack correct, so unlike a mixdown and having to set up a "scene" to do so, these outs run right from the tape?

Thanks for the link to tapes.com as well. In Googling Maxell tapes that site was no where to be found - unless i completely overlooked it.

You're right on the TAPE OUT jacks...they always source straight from the playback head. Nice feature of the 688.

And no prob on the tapes.com link. That's what we're here for. Was just recently enlightened to it myself and I'm happy to pass it along! Had a very positive experience with them so go for it! :)

Back