Tascam 488 mkii problems

watash

I recently purchased one a tascam 488 off ebay, and I really like it because it is easy to use for a beginner such as I, but I have been experienceing some problems.

Whenever I assign an input to the fourth group, tracks 4 and 8, there is no sound being monitored. I really dont know what the problem is here. I dont know if I'm doing something wrong, or if it is the machine.

Another problem I have been experiencing is a clicking sound when I'm playing back recorded tape. It seems so come from track 7, becuase the meter jumps one bar every time it clicks even though the volume is all the way down on track 7. I dont know if it is the machine or the tape, or a mistake on my part.

Any advice would help guys. I just hope its not the machine, but i have a dirty feeling it is.

Watash

If you're following the same regiment of button pushing and knob turning to allow you to hear while recording on the other tracks that you're doing for tracks 4 and 8 and you're not getting any sound, then yes, I'd suspect that something is wrong with the machine as apposed to the operator; you.

One of the major problems in buying used gear, sight unseen is that you are gambling on the honesty of the seller and the gentle hands of the courier companies to get your purchase to your door unharmed. All to often, the seller is less then honest and the shippers, anything but gentle.

Cheers! :)

Back