Tascam 424 Mk1

Bow

3 Days Drunk
I have a Tascam 424 Mk1 thay I have had since the early 90's...

I was thinking about pulling it out and using it again, but I was wondering how you guys are using them ?

Are you recording to tape, then mastering to digital?

I should probably pull it out, dust it off, and fire it up, see if it still works... :eek:

I have a Tascam 424 Mk1 thay I have had since the early 90's...

I was thinking about pulling it out and using it again, but I was wondering how you guys are using them ?

Are you recording to tape, then mastering to digital?

I should probably pull it out, dust it off, and fire it up, see if it still works... :eek:

If the capacitors inside are still good, worst case scenario is you may have to replace a belt if it has gotten hard or gooey.

You will find some who master to cassette (122 for example) and others to digital. It has proven in this forum that the 424 is a very capable machine for laying down great sounding tracks. Then again, you have one, so you should remember what it sounds like.:p

Thansk for the reply...

Yup, I recorded a boat load on that thing "back in the Day"

Maybe I'll pick up some tapes and fire it up...

Thansk for the reply...

Yup, I recorded a boat load on that thing "back in the Day"

Maybe I'll pick up some tapes and fire it up...

Hehe, you're in my area. Believe it or not, check your local Walgreen's drug store for Maxell XL-II tapes for pretty cheap. I've got a 424mkII and haven't had any problems so far, except when I didn't clean it when I first bought it (second hand).

Back