Tascam 414 mkii

GrahamRepulski

Anyone selling one?

OR

Anyone know what might be wrong with mine?

Track two suddenly, inexplicably, stopped playing back recorded audio. At lunch yesterday I recorded some stuff, played it back a few times to see how it sounded, it was ok, sounded great actually, I rule, then I came back after work in the evening to record something on track one, and everything on 2 was "gone". I think it's still there, actually, but for some reason I'm not hearing it during playback, which is a problem!

I posted this in a different thread, but I'm new here, so I don't know which sections of the board people actually read yet. Please don't delete, mods!

Anyone selling one?

OR

Anyone know what might be wrong with mine?

Track two suddenly, inexplicably, stopped playing back recorded audio. At lunch yesterday I recorded some stuff, played it back a few times to see how it sounded, it was ok, sounded great actually, I rule, then I came back after work in the evening to record something on track one, and everything on 2 was "gone". I think it's still there, actually, but for some reason I'm not hearing it during playback, which is a problem!

I posted this in a different thread, but I'm new here, so I don't know which sections of the board people actually read yet. Please don't delete, mods!

Do you have the manual? It sounds as though you did something monitoring-wise that's preventing you from hearing track 2!

Thanks, I checked all that out already. I've actually been doing this for years, not that that means I can't make a mistake, but yeah, I've gone through all the possibilities. Or at least I think I have.

The audio that I recorded is definitely "there". I flipped the tape over and I can hear what I did on track 2 on track 3, backwards. Now I can't hear what's on track 3 of the original mix, because it's now playing on track 2.

I tested this out on another tape. Recorded something on Side A to track 2. Couldn't hear it when I played it back. Then I flipped it and it played back on track 3 - "owt kcehc, eno kcehc". So it's there. I know how to make it play back. I've been doing this for years. It's just not coming up on track 2.

Is it still something I did? Or does it sound like there's something wrong with the playback on track 2?

If so, is that an easy/cheap fix?

Sorry, didn't mean to offend. I guess I just thought you were new to it when you said, "I think it's still there, but I'm not hearing it on playback."

There are lots of knowledgable people in the analog forum here. I'm sure someone should be able to give you an idea of what's wrong. The reason I chimed in is because I have a 414 and thought I could help if you were a newbie. But I don't know what the problem could be if you're doing everything right.

Good luck!

Back