TASCAM 388 pingpong

hansgauffin

Hi, I´m wondering if there is a way to do internal pingponging with the TASCAM 388 with the use of the eff/aux outs during mixdown.
Regards
/Hans

Mmmmmm,...

I don't see the logic of the question.

1) Using the Aux/Eff-Outs for "ping ponging" would not be an "internal" ping pong. If you want to do the internal ping pong, you'd typically use the PGM-Busses (ASSIGN). Pgm busses would be expedient for internal ping ponging, but Aux/Eff-sends would be an unnecessary external loop.

2) Ping pong technique would be used during tracking, not mixdown. Once you're at the mixdown stage, I fail to see how ping ponging fits into that.:eek:;)

Bouncing on Tascam 388

When I follow the manual exactly, my bounce to track 8 is barely audible.

I see the meter at an appropriate level while the bounce is happening, but then when I turn off the first (for example) 4 tracks to listen to the 8th, it's only a tiny, garbled sound.

Am I missing a step somewhere?

Thanks.

A few thoughts come to mind...

Are you sure track 8 was recording properly before trying to bounce? If not, perhaps check again on another reel of tape.

Are you using DBX? If so, make sure that it is enabled on track 8. There is a switch on the back of the machine to disable it for timecode purposes.

The outs of on your PGM channels might be dirty.

Try recording a hotter signal to track 8.

-MD

Back