Tascam 388 Phantom Power?

tascaman

Hi all. Just joined the forum, and I am thinking about getting a Tascam 388!

I play the drums and I am with a small Fostex , 4 inpu, hard drive machine to get my drums into. Then I bring them up to the comp. so on.... But I am getting into analog and the tascam 388 seems that it will fit my needs, with the 8 xlr inputs.

I have read reviews on the machine and every thing seems cool if you clean and maintain it, except that it does not have the option of giving phantom power! All my microphones require phantom power.... So yeah, what do y'all think I could do? Would I have to run them through a pre amp first or so on....? Bassically, what are my options?

Thanks

All you need is a stand alone phantom power supply, such as this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Rolls-RPB486-6-...9775205QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

[that's actually a pretty good deal, for a 6 channel unit and especially that the seller takes best offers]

Unless you're using all 8 mics at the same time, it's not important that you have an all 8 channel phantom supply.

BTW, the 388 is awesome, has a cult like status, at least around here.;)

Ideally, make sure you see the machine and can pick it up in person. Otherwise, it's a risky proposition, not to mention shipping damage if not palletized / crated properly.

---

Back