TASCAM 388 HELP ! Sweetbeats wanted

Jean-Ga Mtp

Greetings ! Im looking for extended test cards to be able to test the components of the tascam 388 . Please i need help or any contact or solution . Someone on a FB group told me that a member called sweetbeats can help me , do you know him ? MANY THANKS STAY SAFE

Greetings ! Im looking for extended test cards to be able to test the components of the tascam 388 . Please i need help or any contact or solution . Someone on a FB group told me that a member called sweetbeats can help me , do you know him ? MANY THANKS STAY SAFE

Try the Analog forum here...Sweetbeats pops in mainly there.
There are other tape deck users there that use 388 decks, and may be helpful.

Note that Sweetbeats lives in the Northwest, and he and his family had evacuated because of the fires. This may affect his frequency in this forum for the foreseeable future. I don't know, though.

Hi.

Saw this thread while checking in/lurking.

So [MENTION=204775]Jean-Ga Mtp[/MENTION] let’s back up a step. What are you actually needing the extender card or cards for? Wondering which cards you need and what checks/adjustments are you needing to access at this time that actually require the extender card or cards. It’s pretty rare to need the extenders. Almost everything on the r/p amp cards and dbx cards are accessible from the edge of the card you see when you remove the cardbay cover. If you are having issues with the bias amp, reel servo and power supply PCB assemblies, that I can understand needing the extender.

The extender cards are *extremely* rare. There was a set on eBay awhile back listed by a fellow forum member here. They sold. I’ve reached out the the member to see if he has another set, but I have not heard back from him and I highly doubt there was a second set. The alternative is to make up your own set of extender cables, or make your own boards if you are handy at PCB fabricating. You can do this sort of thing at home. I made up a set of cables at one time for work I needed to do on the power supply for a 388 I had many years ago. I think I sold those cables to somebody, or loaned them and never got them back. But let’s talk first about why you are needing to extend a card or cards and go from there.

Back