Tascam 388 Dust Cover

+1 on the LeCover...I just ordered one for my M-520...haven't got it yet, but based on the pics, the description and the service at the time of purchase, I'm already pleased.

I...

I don't think Le Cover is what he's after.

I have an extra plexi- cover from a 388 that maybe I could sell you. It's not flawless (scratched and buffed), but it's fully intact.:eek:;)

Correct

Dave, thanks for the info on your plexi cover. That actually is what I am looking for. And with the Lee website not having pictures, only prices and names...I am kinda skeptic.

It doesnt really matter if its scratched an all, the purpose to protect the parts.

Can you hold on that for me for a couple of weeks? I might need to buy it.

Conrad

I will pm you for pictures.

Got it...I didn't see the picture earlier.

If you do ever decide that you want something heavier-duty though, I just got my custom cover from Le Cover for my M-520, and I must say I am thoroughly impressed...nice heavy non-marring anti-static material, seamed edges, fits perfect. Worth every bit of the 27 bucks it cost including S&H.

I can see why Beck recommends them. Very good quality product for an affordable price.

I didn't see the picture earlier. What's up with that?

A 388 that's partially disassebled, covered in plastic and set with a box of baking soda? That doesn't bode well for a machine. Was it that way to minimize a "smell"? Was it the result of flood damage? I dunno.

I just read the text of the grey/smoke colored cover and immediately thought of the plexiglass cover. I'd seen an eBay deal online which was intact but lacked the cover. I guess it just came to my mind that way. The plexi cover is often a missing piece on some 388's for resale. Go figure.

I have a 388 tape compartment cover that's flawed but intact. I'd just posted on gut instinct.:eek:;)

Dave, isnt it? I just picked up that picture of the 388 w/ baking soda from Tape Op http://messageboard.tapeop.com/viewtopic.php?t=38598&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=388&&start=60 scroll down a bit and you will find the pictures of the techie giving a tune up.

It was the only picture I could find that had the 388's plexi cover taking up most of the frame (so I could get my point across). The story is, is that shedshrine picked it up from a guy who bought it new in 85. The guy never used it and it sat in his house. He was a chain smoker, thus shedshrine tried to 'rid of the smell.

As far as the 388 covers, the auction on eBay is the one that I am waiting to see how it goes... and it is the first 388 that I have seen for sale that does not have a plexi cover.

Conrad

A 388 that's partially disassebled, covered in plastic and set with a box of baking soda? That doesn't bode well for a machine. Was it that way to minimize a "smell"? Was it the result of flood damage? I dunno.

I just read the text of the grey/smoke colored cover and immediately thought of the plexiglass cover. I'd seen an eBay deal online which was intact but lacked the cover. I guess it just came to my mind that way. The plexi cover is often a missing piece on some 388's for resale. Go figure.

I have a 388 tape compartment cover that's flawed but intact. I'd just posted on gut instinct.:eek:;)

tascaman said:
... a chain smoker,... to 'rid of the smell.
Exactly what I was alluding to!:eek:;)

I've seen numerous 388's like this.
I've been watching gear since Y2k.:eek:;)

Attachments

• 1-Tascam 388o.jpg
    1-Tascam 388o.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 45
  • 1-Tascam 388p.jpg
    1-Tascam 388p.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 45
Well I can trust your opinion then! Btw, you have some pretty good music up on your web page. I like the Beatles covers!

Thanks bro.

My page is a literal recording format shootout and rock-and-roll party, from end to end! Beatles covers are some of my favs.:eek:;)

Back