tascam 38 pitch control??

tapeboy

How do I remove the pitch control from the front of my tascam 38? I have removed everything else but this is giving me trouble. I can see there is place for a tiny screwdriver on the control but none of my tiny screwdrivers fit! The reason for taking the front off is to get to the audio cards and give the inside a nice clean. I thought I could just remove the bottom panel but found this to be impossible. Any pointers would be most appreciated.

tapeboy said:
How do I remove the pitch control from the front of my tascam 38? I have removed everything else but this is giving me trouble. I can see there is place for a tiny screwdriver on the control but none of my tiny screwdrivers fit! The reason for taking the front off is to get to the audio cards and give the inside a nice clean. I thought I could just remove the bottom panel but found this to be impossible. Any pointers would be most appreciated.

I am guessing it is a hex screw. Try a hex key set (probably metric).

MadAudio said:
Why do you want to remove it?
Indeed! :eek:

The channel cards are accessed by removing the bottom cover. First the feet are unscrewed and removed and then the brown metal plate. Once that is removed, the channel cards will be visible.

I would highly and strongly recommend you go no further without the service manual. :cool:

Cheers! :)

aaaaaah!

so the feet need to be removed, that's why I couldn't get the bottom cover off. I certainly have no wish to go any further than the channel cards!! Thanks everybody.

I don't

I don't now. It was because I thought I had to take the whole front panel of the machine off and the pitch control was stopping me from pulling it off. But as Ghost has kindly informed me, I just have to take the feet off and unscrew the bottom panel to be able to get to the audio cards. I just want to take them out and put them in again as I have been told this usually helps solve a lot of input/output problems which I have right now.

Just for the future it is a metric hex key. And under neath the knob there is a flanged nut that has to come out in order to take the face off of the machine.
A pair of needle nose pliers work well for this.
Dont forget that nut cause you can crack the face of your machine trying to take it off with out removing that nut. Its easy to miss.

The Ghost of FM said:
I would highly and strongly recommend you go no further without the service manual.

When I got my model 32, I did all of this by sheer guesswork, replacing the replay head with a new one and swapping the record head for the old replay head. I also replaced the lifter assembly and several guide posts. Only after I had finished did I discover the pages at the back of the manual explaining how the machine should be disassembled...

Back