Tascam 38 Pinch Roller in the UK?

jamievespa

Hi guys,

I've just taken apart my 2nd Tascam 38 to change the capstan belt as it wouldn't budge when I tried to move it. However on closer inspection the belt is absolutely fine and so I think the problem was caused by:

1) an extremely gummed up tape path

2) melted pinch roller

Anyone know where I can get a pinch roller in the UK?

Just get it rebuilt in the USA. Terrys Rubber Rollers (I think it's terrysrubberrollers.com) For a small piece like that it shouldn't be too expensive to mail both ways, and the price is right on a rebuild (last time I checked US$35)

Check out Ebay. There was a company (not a private seller) on there selling belts and pinch rollers. I got twopinch rollers for my Tascam 38's and one for my Revox B77. Prices were good and delivery OK. Have a look and see if you can find them. Failing that, Google VINTAGE RECORDERS. They are a UK company that refurbish machines of any age, both domestic and professional.

Just get it rebuilt in the USA. Terrys Rubber Rollers (I think it's terrysrubberrollers.com) For a small piece like that it shouldn't be too expensive to mail both ways, and the price is right on a rebuild (last time I checked US$35)

Terry's +1, found some in Germany on ebay, but more expensive.

alan.

Hi

I've just bought a bunch of 38 parts from rolandlegrand1306@gmail.com including a new pinch roller, drive belt, back panel and a new "foot". He threw in a new solenoid washer as well. As an aside, I've sourced replacement relays for PCB 120 (relay K103) in the UK from
CHS.

Hi

No problem, all in US Dollars, The pinch roller 45, belt 17, Cabinet rear cover 27.50 and the replacement 'foot' 7.50.
Carriage was 17. One of the attractions was that Roland had all the parts I needed including the pinch roller solenoid washer sent for free.
So I wasn't dealing with lots of different suppliers and racking up the postal charges.

Back