Tascam 38 issue

burymyteeth

Hey board, I'm having an issue with my 38 and I'm not sure what I can adjust to solve this problem. When I first load up a new tape the tape has a tendency to slip off of the tape path towards the machine right at the pinch roller and the capstan when I play or record. This only occurs when most of the tape is on the left reel, as I work my way through the tape and get into it about 1/3 of the way it's tendency to slip off diminishes. This is really freakin' annoying what might you think the problem is??

Hey board, I'm having an issue with my 38 and I'm not sure what I can adjust to solve this problem. When I first load up a new tape the tape has a tendency to slip off of the tape path towards the machine right at the pinch roller and the capstan when I play or record. This only occurs when most of the tape is on the left reel, as I work my way through the tape and get into it about 1/3 of the way it's tendency to slip off diminishes. This is really freakin' annoying what might you think the problem is??

Tension settings are off.

A dirty pinch roller (the rubber wheel) can cause some slipping, but I don't think it would cause the tape to come off the roller. Now a bad pinch roller would do that, if it is hardening. I had one or two do that. Replaced the roller and all was good. Just a couple of things to look into.

Back