Tascam 38 channel card relays

Abominable ID

Hey all,

I'm looking to replace all three of these relays on each channel of my machine. I've reflowed the joint's on the motherboard and channel cards and am still having problems. I would like this machine to work properly for a long time and it seems like the relays are one of the biggest problems with this machine. Anyone have any experience with this i.e. part #s or new relays that will work well? Im not to good at understanding relay characteristics and how to properly substitute a current model for an obsolete one. Here are the old part #s:

K101- Relay 2.4v G2E-182P-H
K102- Relay Reed RP1A24
K103- Relay 24v G2V-2

Thanks for any help in this department!

-Ash

Never had much problems with the relays on all the 38s I worked on. What exactly is the problem?

Well, I'm able to get playback on some cards, recording on others, but never both on Repro and Sync. I have cards that used to work, but don't. I know it's not the soldier joints on either the mother board or the individual cards. Assuming it's the relays, I would just like everything to be brand new so I can record without distraction. From all the posts I have read, the relays seem to be a major factor with this model, especially with age. I just want to solve this issue by replacing them so I never have to worry again!

Back