Tascam 38 for $750?

gerard

Local shop has a clean 38 with relapped heads and 2 DBX units for $750, no remote or takeup reel. The heads and guides look good and the machine overall is clean, it almost looked new but $750 seemed kinda high. Ebay has 1 on 'buy now' for $999. Is $750 'about right' for that machine? Kinda on thte fence here.

Jerry

I've seen them go for about an average of $300, whenever they do pop up on Craigslist locally. Now whether or not they were in pristine shape (relapped heads and such), I have no idea.

Jerry,

If you are willing to pay $750 for a 1/2" 8-track then buy my 48 at $690...I'll throw in a generic takup reel and if they don't go on eBay here in the next couple days I'll include the RM-501 rack ears. I don't have the original box, but I have a cacoon of a box that a parts deck came to me in that is custom cut out for the 48.

Double the deck for less with extras. PM me if you are interested.

Sweetbeats, NICE machine! Really NICE! I had one many moons ago and like a *&%@!!! I sold it. I have a bass for sale but the buyer backed out today otherwise I would definitly "chat" with you. One problem on the home front goes somthing like this:

Me- Uh...gonna get a 8 track, it's really nice
Wife- Don't you have one?
Me- Yeh but it's not 8 track
Wife- You have 3 tape machines....right? One is 16 tracks....right?
Me-Yep...but it's.......
Wife-How many tracks do you need just for yourself?
Me- I just need 24 (under breath)
Wife- What?
Me- I said I'll feed the dog (we don't have one)

Sweetbeats, NICE machine! Really NICE! I had one many moons ago and like a *&%@!!! I sold it.

I know exactly how you feel. I also sold a 58-OB many moons ago and still feel like a #%&@$ that I parted with it!! :eek::D What was I thinking? I wasn't!!!:mad:

The 48-OB is a superb machine and that's a very, very good price. Someone's getting a great deal!:)

Pssst, gonna tell you a little secret: I paid $2000 for my 48-OB and still feel it's money well spent.:eek::D:o

The 48 is a great machine, one which I should have kept as well! Mine came with a modified DX-8DS DBX unit, looked really nice as a set. Good thing I wasn't local to you SB, I think I would of have to "relieve" you of that machine! :D

The guy I sold the 48 to still has it. I called him up this weekend and asked if he wanted to sell it back. He said sure but it's been sitting in a storage shed (no heat or air) in Florida since I sold it to him about 6 years ago. Asking price is $300 with the roll around rack and a bunch of virgin Quantegy 456 that I gave him with the machine. It was in great shape the last time i saw it. Bought it from a company that made TV commercials and used it for just one then closed shop, low hours. Maybe I can stop kicking myself in the butt for selling it.

The guy I sold the 48 to still has it. I called him up this weekend and asked if he wanted to sell it back. He said sure but it's been sitting in a storage shed (no heat or air) in Florida since I sold it to him about 6 years ago. Asking price is $300 with the roll around rack and a bunch of virgin Quantegy 456 that I gave him with the machine. It was in great shape the last time i saw it. Bought it from a company that made TV commercials and used it for just one then closed shop, low hours. Maybe I can stop kicking myself in the butt for selling it.

Hopefully it's not trashed, that would be a heartache! :(

Back