Tascam 312B ?

Herm

If any of you have changed bulbs in the 300 series mixers, Could you tell me how hard it was and is there anything I need to look out for.
Im down to one bulb on my mixer and I need to change them.

Also picked up this little bad boy this week. Isnt it cute?

Attachments

• 6f_1.jpg
    6f_1.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 74
Herm,

I guess I've been lucky with both of my M312B's in that I have yet to ever have a burnt out bulb.

I have not had the same luck with my MS-16 and getting to the bulbs is largely an issue of taking things apart until you can get to the actual VU meter casing which is sealed with ultra high tech Scotch tape! :D

Remove the tape, the lens comes off and then the old bulb is solder vacuumed out and the replacement soldered back in, being careful to observe polarity of the bulb. Originals are painted red on one end and the replacements are painted black. Substitute the black end for red one and you're golden.

On the M312B, it looks like the meter bridge unscrews from the back and with any luck, there's enough slack on the wiring harness to pull up and back the assembly to get to the meters which are probably held in place by a small PCB that can be unscrewed to get to them.

Cheers! :)

Back