Tascam 244 - Service Manual, Owners Manual (E/G/F), Schematics - for free

taro

Hello dear 244 enthusiasts,

while searching the Internet for documents on the Tascam 244 Portastudio to repair mine, I found mostly resellers asking ridiculous prices for shitty PDFs of scanned versions of already bad photocopies or dead links.

As the demand for the full Tascam 244 Portastudio documentation, especially the hard-to-find Service Manual, is pretty high, I decided to buy the originals, make proper HiRes scans, and make them available for everybody and for free upon request.

To buy all the documentation has cost me 110€ so far, as I had to order them from all over the world.
I’m not asking for donations or a thank you for this work, but if you see a person who needs a little money, food, water, a jacket or sleeping bag, pass it on and please don’t hesitate to help him or her out with a few €, $ or items.

Please accept that I will not answer to any request except via my website.
Scroll all the way down until you hit the Tascam 244 logo.

Greetings from Berlin!
The Analog Roland Orchestra

The Analog Roland Orchestra

in case someone needs some parts, this may help,
I found that this pinch rollers could work in the 244:

Outer Diameter 13 mm
Axis hole 2.00mm
Width of the axle 7,5 mm
Width of the rubber 6.5 mm

and for idler tire

outside 18mm
inside 12 mm
width 3mm
height 3mm

Hi There
is there still a link for the 244 service notes, as per donations I've been looking after a homeless Guy called Anthony outside our local Sainsburies I was really happy to see him in my local wetherspoons pub with family back in normal life, so I bought him a beer, I'm also happy to donate to acharity if you would like

Back