Tascam 244 case screws?!

markekaylor

Howdy folks!
I just picked up an old Tascam 244 for free. This isn't the 1st one I've had, but its been awhile. Anyway this one, just like the previous one I owned, had melted/toasted belts. I opened up the case before I left for a trip to Montana........just today I saw that the belts were showing up so I'm getting ready for replacing etc.
And I realized I don't know what I did with the case screws! I took them out and must have put them somewhere or something, I've looked high and low, can't find them!

Can anyone give me specifics on thread/screw size so I can pick up some new screws?
thanks!
Mark

Just checked and the head block cover screws on my A3440HS are M3 (sensible people) so I think you need same thread of the right length.

BTW,, I know this is bolt for stable door but..Standard W/S practice when leaving a job "waiting for parts" is to put all the screws on a poly bag and leave it INSDE the kit!
Another tip, if you ever strip something that has screws of various lengths, make a rough diagram on cardboard and poke the screws in it at the vital points.

Dave.

Or..... while you're waiting for parts, screw the damn thing back together.

I know... what a novel concept.
:D

Or..... while you're waiting for parts, screw the damn thing back together.

I know... what a novel concept.
:D

Time is often at a premium in a commercial service department.

KNEW you'd know Sweetbeats!

Dave.

I think I might have some Porta-one screws somewhere. About 2" long, black, with a thin flange around the head?

"I think the screw-thread doesn’t go all the way up to the head "

Technically I think that is a bolt!

Dave.

Back