Tascam 244 addition to my collection + ?'s

analog aaron

Swami King of Poppers
Hey Guys, I'm way behind, I know. Ha. I just got a 244 off of ebay for cheap. I plan on "tearing" it down like Dr. Zee did his 144. I know the belt needs replacing. Maybe the pinch roller(though it appears to be ok-I'll probably let this slide a little longer than the belt) A "Reel" good cleaning is what this puppy needs. For a quick fix (on the belt though it is stretched out and needs replacement) I used window cleaner just to test the transport. Everything is operational and surprising good (considering the packing job it came from califorinia in was worth about .50 cents.) All of the Meter lights are fine, knobs just need cleaning, belt replacements and I should be good. I really like this machine, especially the way it was built. Rock solid. Newer portas look like toys compared to this. Anyway, I searched the site and found threads with links to the manual, but they are no longer up. I can figure this thing out no problem, but I would just like to have it anyways. Can anybody help me out? Thanks guys,
Aaron

Back