Tape Keeps Sliding off Teac A-6010

Scrappersa

Hey guys, I haven't been here for a while. Lately for no apparent reason, the tape on my Teac A-6010 keeps sliding off of the pinch roller and back on causing the recordings to have sudden drops in volume. That's the only place that it's coming off. When I play stuff back backwards, it doesn't do that. I've tried searching around here to figure out a fix for it but I can't seem to find one. Is there anything that I can do? I've been trying to record some stuff lately and it's really a bummer. Thanks!

By the way, it's a 7 1/2 inch real with 1/4 inch tape.

Most likely it's the rubber pinch roller, if it's hard and shiny. Call TASCAM parts and order one. I'm not sure if the 6010 is direct drive or belt driven but order the capstan belt while you're at it. All rubber on those beasts needs to be replaced.

----

Most likely it's the rubber pinch roller, if it's hard and shiny. Call TASCAM parts and order one. I'm not sure if the 6010 is direct drive or belt driven but order the capstan belt while you're at it. All rubber on those beasts needs to be replaced.

----

Pinch rollers need to be cleaned and conditioned on a regular basis. Yours maybe too far gone to revive. Go to Caig labs and buy a supply of their rubber cleaner/conditioner and use it as per instructed.

Yes and make sure that you DON'T use windew on that pinch roller. I know at least one person has said it worked for them, but if you have ever used a squeegee (sp?) for any period of time, you know that Windex dries rubber out badly. If you can't get anythign else, take the pinch roller off and clean it thoroughly with warm, soapy water being sure to rinse it compeltely and dry it completely. I havwe another suggestion I am holding until I see how it works over time on the pinch roller for my Studer PR99 - will be seriously great if it works but i'm not going to recommend anything just yet.

AK

Hey, thanks for the help. I'm probably gonna order a couple after I try cleaning the one that I already have. In the mean time, we made some unorthodox fix by trying to hold the tape in place. It's probably not safe for the tape but it shouldn't harm the machine.

Back