Tacam Porta 05 HS questions

spookymoon

Greetings all:

Can anyone direct me to a manual for one of these?

Also, other than punting the HS for a 'regular' 05, how can I slow it down to 'normal' fps speed?

All input appreciated, thanks.

Google search found me this: Manual-Hub.com

If the capstan is DC servo (which I'm assuming it is on the Porta 05), there is usually a set of solder pads on the capstan servo board, one for slow speed, and one for high speed. Whichever one is jumpered by a solder link is whatever speed it will run, but I don't know for sure if that is the case with the Porta 05. My only experience with this is on a 238 and a 488mk1.

There is a small yellow 'pot' behind the pitch control adjustable with a phillips-head (there are 2 of these on each channel as well, all marked '472'). It almost got me there..Tascam 1.jpg.

Looks like I'll have to patch in a 'pot' with a wider adjustment range. Difficulty is out of the 4 wires on the servo, which one to patch into! Solving that, no idea where to get such an electronic part.

Thanks for the help.

That’s probably a fine tape speed adjust trimmer for dialing in the capstan speed. That’s not what’s going to double or cut your speed in half and I wouldn’t mess with that.

Back