Sweet Ebay deal in Cleveland

does anyone know anything more about the Tascam series 70? I am actually quite interested, although cleveland Ohio is about a million miles away from me...

does anyone know anything more about the Tascam series 70? I am actually quite interested, although cleveland Ohio is about a million miles away from me...

Stay away unless the collector in you wants it for posterity.

Not the most reliable, and parts are unobtanium.

Stay away unless the collector in you wants it for posterity.

Not the most reliable, and parts are unobtanium.

Amen to that. It's a collector item. If you're among those of us that are musicians and recordists first, look for something else. It might be cool to have... but like it's cool to have an old classic car that you don't really drive. ;)

Its very pretty but like sweet said they weren't the best when new and parts can't be found. Would look nice in a museum though....If anybody is REALLY interested after talking to the guy directly I can go and eyeball it.

The 70 series was TEAC/TASCAM'S 1st venture into the semi pro tape machine world. The model 10, btw, was their very 1st console. I was among the 1st to be recorded with these units. I would advise staying away.

I agree with staying away, but, the Series 70 got a lot of artists started on their careers. I can remember when Prince was doing demo work in a studio that had a Model 10 mixer and a Series 70 8 track that resulted in his Warner Brothers contract. Of course, the gear he worked on is probably long burried in a Minnesota landfill.

funny-pictures-puke-kitty-11x.jpg

Back