Suggestion for function generator / frequency counter combo for adjusting tape gear

Hi,

I hope this post fits the forum. I'm asking this to improve some of my measuring equipment as actual gear is a lot easier to handle (LCD screens, exact frequency setting, precise counter, etc).
I would like to find a function generator which also serves as frequency counter, which has good precision and can show the output level in V or dB.

The usage will be mostly for testing amplifiers and calibrating tape machines (reel/cassette).
Note that I would prefer something available in the European Union.

I don't think I'll ever need more than one a few MHz but I'll take whatever is over this if the retail price is interesting.
The only reason why I would need more (well,quite more) is to align tube FM tuners. In this particular case I would need that the generator also serves as wobuloscope. Consider this as really optional.

Any recommendations ?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I hope this post fits the forum. I'm asking this to improve some of my measuring equipment as actual gear is a lot easier to handle (LCD screens, exact frequency setting, precise counter, etc).
I would like to find a function generator which also serves as frequency counter, which has good precision and can show the output level in V or dB.

The usage will be mostly for testing amplifiers and calibrating tape machines (reel/cassette).
Note that I would prefer something available in the European Union.

I don't think I'll ever need more than one a few MHz but I'll take whatever is over this if the retail price is interesting.
The only reason why I would need more (well,quite more) is to align tube FM tuners. In this particular case I would need that the generator also serves as wobuloscope. Consider this as really optional.

Any recommendations ?

Thanks in advance.

Look on Ebay, lots of good test gear, and mostly cheap. Look at offerings from Hewlett Packard.

Back