Studer A827 Story...

B

Beck

Hey Cory,

I started this thread for you just to get a jump on things... I know you want it... :D

!BSPb6+w!Wk~$(KGrHgoOKjUEjlLmUhVfBKCKwUh(Z!~~_3.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140326878702

Last edited:
Yeah, under 8 grand, BIN, for an A827, with only 6K hours, is indeed a steal. That's like 1/10th of its original price.:eek:

heeheehee...Tim...stinker! :eek::)
Too nice. I only go for weird stuff...cruddy mixers with paint splatter and rust are good (M-308B), mixers with no power supply are a good bet too (M-520). Hmmm...mixers with no power supply OR schematics of any kind, and better yet let's make it something nobody even knows existed...adds to the challenge, right? Yeah. that's a sure-fire bet (M-___).

Recorders? Let's see...how about if one is working too good, then how about I turn it into a case myself (58)? You can clearly see I'm not interested in something that actually works because if I ever get one of those I SELL IT (48)! So what shall it be? Maybe some big iron from the 60's missing a whole bunch of critical parts (440-8)? Yeah...right up my alley. Or even small fry...how 'bout a cassette 4-track with gooey belts? Not story-ish enough? How about it gets all banged up enroute so I can go get ANOTHER one with gooey belts and frankenstein 'em together (234)? Now we're talkin'. ;)

So...yep...that's my MO. Yyyyyup...hm...what a PITA.

Hmmmmm...now where'd that link go?

:D

heeheehee...Tim...stinker! :eek::)
Too nice. I only go for weird stuff...cruddy mixers with paint splatter and rust are good (M-308B), mixers with no power supply are a good bet too (M-520). Hmmm...mixers with no power supply OR schematics of any kind, and better yet let's make it something nobody even knows existed...adds to the challenge, right? Yeah. that's a sure-fire bet (M-___).

Recorders? Let's see...how about if one is working too good, then how about I turn it into a case myself (58)? You can clearly see I'm not interested in something that actually works because if I ever get one of those I SELL IT (48)! So what shall it be? Maybe some big iron from the 60's missing a whole bunch of critical parts (440-8)? Yeah...right up my alley. Or even small fry...how 'bout a cassette 4-track with gooey belts? Not story-ish enough? How about it gets all banged up enroute so I can go get ANOTHER one with gooey belts and frankenstein 'em together (234)? Now we're talkin'. ;)

So...yep...that's my MO. Yyyyyup...hm...what a PITA.

Hmmmmm...now where'd that link go?

:D
I'm sure someone here would be perfectly willing to go see the machine and splash some paint on it before you buy it. ;)

If somebody is willing to splash paint on that thing I don't think I want to know them! :mad: :D:D:D

I have to say though that that's a strange place for an ashtray right between the reels like that. I suspect the ashes would be all over the room when you go FF or rewind. ;)

Back