Studer 928 Story...

This one was easier since it was only interfacing one power supply:

09C18755-6DCD-4003-A914-A962AC107A78.jpeg

All done:

436FBFBC-6D21-4EDC-A4D3-81AA6F503244.jpeg

5EE953FD-CC74-43FA-9226-1B35B19DA36B.jpeg

I will say it was extremely satisfying to, for the first time, thread in the locking rings on the power supply connectors and latch the frame connectors in place…safe and secure.

By comparison here is the set of non-factory umbilicals that came with the console…which have now long since been scavenged and the rest disposed of. Good riddance:

A30F1233-D667-4F0C-80E8-9D75ACE43084.jpeg

So, at the bottom of the legs of the Studer 928 are metal brackets. These brackets are intended to be used to anchor the desk to the floor. This is wise because the legs are shaped to afford clearance for knees and chairs, but as a result the desk is a bit front heavy…if not anchored and you stand at the console and lean on the armrest it’ll tip forward…it won’t come crashing down…you’d have to intentionally really lean on it to do that, but who doesn’t like leaning a bit on the armrest of their mixing desk every now and again. Well, I anchored my 928 to the floor. This might seem like a really silly and insignificant update, but to me it is very significant. Time is at an extreme premium to work on my studio build…I have very little time to work on any of this stuff. Plus moving an average of every two years for the past decade hasn’t helped. And the place we’re now in is the first place that has a workable space where everything fits. So…I’ve finally gotten to the point I have the right space, and the 928 is in proper position, and it’s anchored down, and I wanted to include this milestone in this “Story.”

You are a paragon of industry Mr Beats!
If anyone else has that equipment stability problem and does not want to fix kit to a floor (tricky say screwing through 'er indoors Persian lamb!) the gear can be bolted to a sheet of 3/4" ply. You could even extend the ply to the front and put hoofs on it. Won't tip up then!

Dave.

Back