soundcraft series 1

burymyteeth

hello all, this is my first post, so let me say i'm really excited to be a member of this board. it has kept me up quite late the past few nights and i am pretty excited to have this as a resource.

since im new ill keep it short and sweet.

i've got a tascam 38, i met a guy that will sell me a soundcraft series 1 for 200 bucks.

i'm a newb to the r2r recording world and this will be my first time trying it out, but i am very excited to learn.

i'm wondering if anyone would care to share their opinion on the compatibility and performance of this board with the tascam 38 or if i should keep looking around for something else.

i will be using it to record my band which is an instrumental guitar drums bass trio.

something tells me this is a sweet deal, not to mention i've read that it is the same board that lee perry used at black ark studios, which is pretty sweet to me. but i've really only been into vintage guitars amps and effects all my life and don't know too much about recording gear. what do you guys think?

I beleive that one is a 16 x2. If it has direct outs on the channels it should work fine. If not it will be a pain. $200 is average. A tascam m3-- or m5--series would be great with this.

Agree with Talldog. The Series 1 is an ANCIENT board, I believe it even predates the Tascam Model 5. I'd look around for a Model 5 or a Model 35 if you could find one. The advantage to either of these is that you know that there is compatibility.

Is that the black one that is mostly rca ins and outs? If it is I believe that is a four buss. I used one in the 80s with a Tascam 38 and it worked fine. An eight buss would be best.

Back