Soundcraft Mixer

Thrust

Has anyone tried the Soundcraft MPM or MFX mixers? Or the newer MPMI or MFXI? Id like to know what they really sound like. All the dealers in my area have on hand are Mackie and Behry. I like the Onyx but the soundcrafts are cheaper. Even cheaper than the Vlz3. Sound is the most important feature though.

I have used the EPM mixers quite a bit and I also have an FX16ii, these are all similar and the differences are mainly features and routing. I like them better than any Mackie VLZ (haven't used Onyx) and certainly better than any Behringer. In my experience, the Soundscrafts sound clean and fairly smooth, with better headroom than Mackie/Behringer, particularly the mic pres, and seem a little quieter.

I would say relatively cleaner...though VLZs are on the clean side, the Soundcrafts I've used sound more refined, and have better headroom. Good sounding mixers for the buck.

Only Soundcraft mixer I have used was (and still is) an old-school 200B.

Nice mixer, though.

I have a space issue and I can only use one of the small soundcrafts. Im sure the older, bigger ones are great. I have heard those before. But the new ones pack more channels into less space.

No doubt, Thrust. Just tossed that in there in case it was somehow useful for you. Sorta as a "legacy" thing.

Back