soundcraft europa vs soundcraft ghost vs soundcraft series two preamp & eq quality?

funksoulrubber

soundcraft europa vs soundcraft ghost vs soundcraft series two preamp & eq quality?

Im looking for the best sounding analog console for under 1500 to track and potentially mix out of the box, i like the sound of the soundcraft europa even though i know its outa my price range im aiming for similar quality in maybe a smaller desk, also like having a fully parametric eq with sweepable high mids and lows and pads, im looking at the soundcraft ghost although i dont know how those preamps compare to the soundcraft europa, and i then saw this interesting 48 channel crest that looks really clean, also have my eye on a soundcraft series two 24 channel but dont like the24 channel limit. i am willing to sacrifice number of channels for headroom and sound quality but cant go smaller then 24 channels.. any suggestions from experience?

thanks!

Last edited:
I've only used the Ghost, but I love mine. I am new to the board and haven't properly used the preamps, but from what I've heard they are great (I mostly use outboard pre amps anyway). I have the Ghost 24, but there is a 32 channel version (and even a 24 channel expander). The EQ (two bands parametric with a high and low shelf) sounds wonderful on this board, plus more routing options than I can use. Unfortunately, these boards don't really come up that often, and I would say they are normally way over priced on ebay... my two cents.

Also, there are upgrades and mods that Creation Audio Labs does on these boards which are supposed to be out of this world awesome. Oh, and if you go the Ghost route, make sure you know which power supply you are getting. Try and stay away from the P... power supply. The CPS-275 is what you want. If it doesn't come with a power supply you can end up spending a ridiculous amount of money on ebay (try $700-900!)... sorry I can't compare the two fro you!:(

Back