soundcraft 400b 24 track?

just in case you need manual/user guide, downloadable pdf is here: http://www.soundcraft.com/product_sheet.asp?product_id=72

i'm no expert... nor had ever this board. looks to me like is pretty much straigh-forward 24 track / 4 group desk. after quick look through , looks to me that you can record up to 24 vary instruments through the desk but only can asign/send-out to 4 outs... (so four track to lay-down at once).
You can mix down with this desk 24 tracks. Again I may not be 100% correct. Check the manual for some details if you don't have one.

/respects

Looking at the manual link that Dr ZEE has given it is a four group mixer with eight sends - i.e. sends 1 and 5 are from group 1, 2 and 6 from group 2 etc. There appears to be provision for eight returns.

The desk hasn't got direct outs from each of the 24 input channels, but you could fudge it using the inserts - wire a TRS jack with the tip and ring wired together and use this as a direct out. The inserts are post-EQ but pre-fade.

Cya
Andrew

arjoll said:
The desk hasn't got direct outs from each of the 24 input channels, but you could fudge it using the inserts - wire a TRS jack with the tip and ring wired together and use this as a direct out. The inserts are post-EQ but pre-fade.

Cya
Andrew
Andrew, I thought about "using inserts" too :) ... "pre-fade" - that's why I thought that it would not be 'useful'... , but it is a partial work around ...plus 'wire work' arghhhhhhhh

thank you!

but I think I'll drop it, too much fumbling for a country boy like me and I like to keep my inserts! Thanks

Back