Soundcraft 200 series (frustrating)

Then would you know if any previous owners did any mods to it?

:cool:

All I know is the guy I bought it from said it was set up to operate at +4. So, I don't believe he did any mods to it. But I got the impression he never used it much and that was why he was selling it. So he many never have known.

hi, i've just signed up to the forum after a quick google search on this very problem and i was wondering if it got solved? i have exactly the same desk and the same problem (i think). when recording from my mix outputs the signal is extremely low, however its fine if i record from my auxillaries jack outputs the problem seems to be the XLR group outputs and my main Mix L/R XLR outputs.if someone could help me out that'd be great!

cheers

hi, i've just signed up to the forum after a quick google search on this very problem and i was wondering if it got solved? i have exactly the same desk and the same problem (i think). when recording from my mix outputs the signal is extremely low, however its fine if i record from my auxillaries jack outputs the problem seems to be the XLR group outputs and my main Mix L/R XLR outputs.if someone could help me out that'd be great!

cheers

Unfortunately it hasn't. My mains run at +4 though. I still don't know if they were designed like that or you can switch it over. I could find no switch and no proper manual. I'm 99% sure the group outputs on mine are running -10 while everything else, including inserts and line in/outs, is +4. I've matched the levels with other equipment and the db drop is exactly 14db between the main outs and the group outs. Pretty weird.

sorry to hear that mate!

im recording into my computer's mackie satellite card through the XLR main outputs into my satellites line in's, i need to wack it up to 40db+ gain on the soundcard to even get the signal from soundcraft to hit the amber led's, its the same with the group outputs too, everything else is fine.

could a wrongly wired XLR cable cause this, or would i recieve no audio at all? i think im gonna grab some more cables, and maybes have a look inside the thing to see if i can find any jumpers.

ive contacted soundcraft regarding the manual but ive no luck so far!

If you find the jumpers let me know. I don't think it would be the cable. Is your card set up for +4 and can you switch it to -10.

I think Soundcraft denies it's existence. :D;)

hi mate,

just to let u know soundcraft got back in touch with me on this and have sent me the original owners manual :D

if you have an email address i can send it over to you :)

Back