Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Some pics of my new set up

Thanks

Some pics of my new set up

Sign in to disable this ad
    I've finally got a room up and running. It's been a while. Thought I'd put up some pics. Funny, I went out the other day to try and find a 4 channel xlr patch box and I actually found one! at a record/thrift shop down the street! They used to have a studio in there. It's the type you mount in the floor but it can sit on the floor too. Perfect, now I don't need to keep reaching behind to the back of the deck! Same place I found my LA-40.

Looks like I need something up on the walls.

Underneath the roll around is my Concertone preamp that Zee helped me build.

It small but it feels like a work space. That's what I like about it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails washingtonst-002-jpg   washingtonst-004-jpg  
    "He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people, and eat out their substance."

Thanks
    Looks nice.

Turn those speakers up so tweeters are vertical, and you'll get more natural highs and upper-mids.

What make are they?

Thanks
    Ooo.. me likes! The LA-40 is what you used to match up the 440 and M-30 (or m-35?), right? Cool, cozy studio space.

Thanks
    wow nice!
    Steve, did you move in a new place or something, as I recall you were looking for a place ???? , also it was kinda' long time ago...

You gotta fire-up that VU-meter on Concertone. I'd say the best way would be to build a solid-state buffer/amp for it with its own powersupply, it's an easy thing really and can be built of scrap junk parts (i've got ton of those ...heh heh). I can built it for you, but I'd need the VU-meter on my table to do so. Or build it yourself if you feel like you up to it, I can send you a schematics, you'll need to do some testes with the meter first though and send me the DATA .... heh heh

The walls are kinda' empty in your studio
    Knowledge is calculable, Ignorance has no limits.
    Dr ZEE
    MZE | Dr ZEE WORKSHOP

Thanks
    Looks good!

-MD

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GCalo View Post
    Looks nice.

Turn those speakers up so tweeters are vertical, and you'll get more natural highs and upper-mids.

What make are they?
    Those are Roland RSM 90s. I'll try that out GCalo. See if it makes a difference.
    "He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people, and eat out their substance."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cjacek View Post
    Ooo.. me likes! The LA-40 is what you used to match up the 440 and M-30 (or m-35?), right? Cool, cozy studio space.
    Thanks Daniel! Yeah, that's the impedance matcher. I've actually go two. One is sitting on top of the roll around and the other is in the rack space to the right.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr ZEE View Post
    wow nice!
    Steve, did you move in a new place or something, as I recall you were looking for a place ???? , also it was kinda' long time ago...

You gotta fire-up that VU-meter on Concertone. I'd say the best way would be to build a solid-state buffer/amp for it with its own powersupply, it's an easy thing really and can be built of scrap junk parts (i've got ton of those ...heh heh). I can built it for you, but I'd need the VU-meter on my table to do so. Or build it yourself if you feel like you up to it, I can send you a schematics, you'll need to do some testes with the meter first though and send me the DATA .... heh heh

The walls are kinda' empty in your studio
    Thanks Mike. Yeah, I just moved to a new apartment.... It's been a while. My stuff has been in storage.

I'd love to do that! Anytime. That would be great. If you want to build it I'll install it or either way. I also wonder about that purple rectifier tube. If I should find a solid state replacement. Sometimes I get static, if I move the unit it goes and stays away. It could be a loose ground. I've checked the tubes and they seemed to be all in there good.

You basically rebuilt that thing with my hands.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by themaddog View Post
    Looks good!

-MD
    Thanks MD. There's a pretty cool record shop in downtown Haverhill called Welfare records. That's where I got my patch box. They've got a good selection of records there if you're ever in the area.

Thanks
    I've been hanging around in Haverhill lately, I'll have to check it out.

Thanks for the info,
    -MD

Thread Information