[SOLVED] Signal Not Passing Through 388 Mixer Channels

Update. Found the black connector to the Monitor buss card wasn't connected (hard to tell in that jumble of wires). So I plugged it and now signal (from mixer channel 1 mic in) is getting to the stereo buss, When I engage the L/R assign button and tap the mic the trim overload lights up and the Stereo L/Aux meter swings right. Still no movement from the channel 1 meter though :(

In good news, it turns out the headphone outs are fine. I just had a dodgy cable :D

Well, here's a turn up for the books.

Out of curiosity I decided to try buss 2. The meter for pgm/buss 2 moved as normal when I spoke into the mic. Then I noticed I'd forgotten to raise the Buss Right fader and the signal was going through the left buss. So I raised the right buss fader, switched to buss 1/track 1 and tried again. This time the channel 1 meter did react. Which means...

I've only gone and put the bloody A and B buss cards in the wrong way round :facepalm:

So... Do I leave things as they are or swap the buss A and B cards back round?

Is it possible the cards are in the right place, but you just need to swap the BUSS MASTER plugs?

Yes! It turns out that THAT is exactly the case. The reason I wasn't seeing any meter action (or hearing anything) when I tried all the mic inputs was because I had the odd numbered channels bussed through the odd pgm master and the even channels bussed through the even pgm master, but the odd channels were being routed through the even master and vice-versa.

How on earth could that happen?

Yes, but I put it back together. Shouldn't the two pgm buss faders work the same way regardless of which one is installed where?

And shouldn't the red connector from fader A connect to the red socket on buss board B and the whitefrom fader B to the white socket? Which is how I had them when I thought the mixer was bricked

It doesn’t matter where they are installed. It matters what they are plugged into. I can’t look it up right now but I recall offering specific instructions of L BUSS fader plugs up to J___ on such-and-such board, and R BUSS fader plugs up to J___ on such-and-such board. If those instructions weren’t followed then you could end up having the connectors swapped.

That’s “I can’t remember the specific connector numbers on the BUSS A and BUSS B PCBs (for example J101) so you get the letter J and then a blank.”

Back