Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Sgt pepper 4-tracks? Got em? I do...

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    JP,
    I for one dont care if its legal or not. They were broadcast on some morning radio show in Cali. If EMI or whoever owns the Master Tapes really cares about this maybe they should get off their asses and release Beatles songs in this format and Ill guarantee that they will sell like cocaine laced hot cakes...
    They'll NEVER pry my copies out of my hands...NEVER!!!
    I own: Tascam TSR-8
    Tascam M-1600 mixer

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by poopchute View Post
    JP,
    I for one dont care if its legal or not.
    I resisted the temptation. Well, until a couple of hours ago, anyway (he says, dismantling 'A Day In The Life' to see how it works).

They were broadcast on some morning radio show in Cali. If EMI or whoever owns the Master Tapes really cares about this maybe they should get off their asses and release Beatles songs in this format and Ill guarantee that they will sell like cocaine laced hot cakes...
    Unless they manage to fix it first, the mechanical copyright expires in about 8 years anyway

Thanks
    Its not like anyone is gonna be able to mix these up and make a cd out of them and sell them for profit. When you a/b them to some of the mixes on the Yellow Submarine Songtrack you can tell that they are not quite as clean and are lacking a bit of highs. But they are perfect for messing around with in your editing system of choice. I for one LOVE being able to drop certain instruments or vocals out of a mix and pretend Im George Martin. thats all they are really good for...
    Tascam M-1600 mixer

Thanks
    Very surpised that George Martin & others have not gone back to the original mid period Beatles mix tapes & remxed them without using reduction techniques, they should all line up in a digital system without bouncing right?

So mix them through an old Abbey Road era desk & an old Studer tube equiped mastering machine, bet that would sound great!

Got a VGC mono vinyl version of "Revolver" the other week, much better mixes & sound than the bad stereo versions (especially CD's ) with the drums coming out of one speaker & the vocals the other. What a sound!

Thanks
    They might as well. Otherwise more of this is gonna happen. There is such a Huge Demand for things like these. If they wont make them available for sale...People will steal them and then the companies will make NO money. Stupid business decision.
    Tascam M-1600 mixer

Thanks
    I'm still a bit confused here. I tried to download the Disc 6 .rar file.
    When I click on free download, it does a 20 second countdown, and then it stops without any further information. Where is the downloaded file located??

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by trancedental View Post
    Very surpised that George Martin & others have not gone back to the original mid period Beatles mix tapes & remxed them without using reduction techniques, they should all line up in a digital system without bouncing right?
    They did. When 'Penny Lane' was pulled into ProTools in that manner, it spanned 36 tracks or something. I'm not sure where or if the results are available, though.

Thanks
    Yeah JP, I think thats cause McCartney did like 10 piano overdubs. But seriously. I dont understand why record companies dont release this stuff. Not for every artist. Just The Beatles. They refuse to remix and remaster their catalogue, so why not sell the tracks to people like us who would LOVE to play around with them. Maybe they're afraid that some lowly analogue enthusiast like us could show how shit of a job that they have done.
    Im just throwing the number up there. But I'd gladly pay 100.00 for ALL the tracks to a song like Strawberry fields or I am the Walrus. And I mean ALL the tracks seperated as best possible and as clean an untouched as possible.
    Would you?
    I'd like to start a poll but I might have to start a new thread for that...
    Tascam M-1600 mixer

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by poopchute View Post
    I dont understand why record companies dont release this stuff. Not for every artist. Just The Beatles.
    Because for every decent, honest person outthere, there's about 10 crooks who'd remix and sell these illegaly. Companies and artists will lose big time, in more ways that one. Imagine, if you started selling your multitrack productions online, to anyone and everyone. Would you feel comfortable with that? You completely lose control, not to mention profits.

Thanks

Arrow The download didn't load for me.

Downloady no worky.........................
    Last edited by A Reel Person; 12-11-2007 at 02:38.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Bob
    ... subtleties of sound make a difference to those who really listen.

Thread Information