Sgt pepper 4-tracks? Got em? I do...

JP,
I for one dont care if its legal or not. They were broadcast on some morning radio show in Cali. If EMI or whoever owns the Master Tapes really cares about this maybe they should get off their asses and release Beatles songs in this format and Ill guarantee that they will sell like cocaine laced hot cakes...
They'll NEVER pry my copies out of my hands...NEVER!!!

JP,
I for one dont care if its legal or not.
I resisted the temptation. Well, until a couple of hours ago, anyway (he says, dismantling 'A Day In The Life' to see how it works).

They were broadcast on some morning radio show in Cali. If EMI or whoever owns the Master Tapes really cares about this maybe they should get off their asses and release Beatles songs in this format and Ill guarantee that they will sell like cocaine laced hot cakes...

Unless they manage to fix it first, the mechanical copyright expires in about 8 years anyway :D

Its not like anyone is gonna be able to mix these up and make a cd out of them and sell them for profit. When you a/b them to some of the mixes on the Yellow Submarine Songtrack you can tell that they are not quite as clean and are lacking a bit of highs. But they are perfect for messing around with in your editing system of choice. I for one LOVE being able to drop certain instruments or vocals out of a mix and pretend Im George Martin. thats all they are really good for...

Very surpised that George Martin & others have not gone back to the original mid period Beatles mix tapes & remxed them without using reduction techniques, they should all line up in a digital system without bouncing right?

So mix them through an old Abbey Road era desk & an old Studer tube equiped mastering machine, bet that would sound great!

Got a VGC mono vinyl version of "Revolver" the other week, much better mixes & sound than the bad stereo versions (especially CD's ) with the drums coming out of one speaker & the vocals the other. What a sound!

They might as well. Otherwise more of this is gonna happen. There is such a Huge Demand for things like these. If they wont make them available for sale...People will steal them and then the companies will make NO money. Stupid business decision.

I'm still a bit confused here. I tried to download the Disc 6 .rar file.
When I click on free download, it does a 20 second countdown, and then it stops without any further information. Where is the downloaded file located??

Very surpised that George Martin & others have not gone back to the original mid period Beatles mix tapes & remxed them without using reduction techniques, they should all line up in a digital system without bouncing right?

They did. When 'Penny Lane' was pulled into ProTools in that manner, it spanned 36 tracks or something. I'm not sure where or if the results are available, though.

Yeah JP, I think thats cause McCartney did like 10 piano overdubs. But seriously. I dont understand why record companies dont release this stuff. Not for every artist. Just The Beatles. They refuse to remix and remaster their catalogue, so why not sell the tracks to people like us who would LOVE to play around with them. Maybe they're afraid that some lowly analogue enthusiast like us could show how shit of a job that they have done.
Im just throwing the number up there. But I'd gladly pay 100.00 for ALL the tracks to a song like Strawberry fields or I am the Walrus. And I mean ALL the tracks seperated as best possible and as clean an untouched as possible.
Would you?
I'd like to start a poll but I might have to start a new thread for that...

I dont understand why record companies dont release this stuff. Not for every artist. Just The Beatles.

Because for every decent, honest person outthere, there's about 10 crooks who'd remix and sell these illegaly. Companies and artists will lose big time, in more ways that one. Imagine, if you started selling your multitrack productions online, to anyone and everyone. Would you feel comfortable with that? You completely lose control, not to mention profits.

Downloady no worky.........................:eek:;)

What went wrong? I used Firefox on MacOS and it worked there. Unless someone has twigged and issued a C&D notice, it should just be a matter of entering the code and downloading it. Of course you'll need RAR to extract them afterwards.

Downloady no worky.........................:eek:;)

Dave, when you click on the original link, you should get to this page:

1-48snl5kjq.jpg

Click on that link.

This should take you here:

2-48snn5z55.jpg

It says "Please enter" and a string of 3 letters (they change). Enter those 3 letter, whatever they may be, into the blank box on the right and press download. This should take you here:

3-48snocyt9.jpg

See that second column and below the "please wait 41 seconds"? Just wait until it counts down and you should then get this:

4-48snoymqd.jpg

See, it now changed to "Free download". Click on that. Wait a few seconds. A window open up. You should now get this:

5-48snpc0ej.jpg

Im just throwing the number up there. But I'd gladly pay 100.00 for ALL the tracks to a song like Strawberry fields or I am the Walrus. And I mean ALL the tracks seperated as best possible and as clean an untouched as possible.
Would you?
I'd like to start a poll but I might have to start a new thread for that...

Maybe all users from HomeRecording can start raising money to buy the masters of a beatles song :P

Certainly interesting, but what was all this about the conspiracy in the analysis of the tracks above? Are they just wondering how the songs came together?

Because for every decent, honest person outthere, there's about 10 crooks who'd remix and sell these illegaly. Companies and artists will lose big time, in more ways that one.
Im sorry but that is just not true. There Is NO market for remixed Beatles songs. In fact the site that I frequent which I wont name has EVERYTHING you can think of (ebbetts,mirrorspock,ultrararetrax)for the Beatles bootlegs all available with DL links. And when you register they give you a big page saying that you can DL them but you should NEVER pay for them, that if you do you got ripped off cause that guy got them for free. If you want them on a CD-r with nice labels and stuff you are told ONLY to pay reasonable shipping and handling.
And its not like the Beatles are a struggling band, or a bunch of sellouts (Metallica), No one would pay to buy a album of remixed Beatles songs if they knew they could get a free copy of Audacity and buy the same tracks themselves and do their own remix. Like right now. WHY would I pay you for your remix of A day In The Life when I can just DL the tracks and make up my own version?

Thanks Cjacek for that little tutorial on how to get to the files. Ill admit its a little confusing.
Im not trying to piss ya off above either, I just see it another way. And think about the money those greedy record execs could make selling tracks for 1 song at a time?

Yeah,...

I got all the way to "Open/Save/Cancel", and clicked "Save", then poof,... the next windown (destination directory) never opened and the whole process died, dead in the water. No download.

Thanx anyway. Maybe I'll try again later.:eek:;)

Had these downloaded and into Reaper in 10 minutes.

Reaper lines them up nice and everything.

Thank you so much for posting this.

This IS a dream come true - the holy grail of audio tracks.

10 years ago when I bought my first 4-track, I specifically thought......

"It would be so great, If someday I could listen to the individual tracks from the White Album, Abbey Road, Pepper, etc."

And now....... for 4 songs, we all can.

Sure hope more of these surface.....

Back