SEARCH FOR: Tape Machine Mounting Brackets

spindlebox

Hello, I have an early 90's Fostex G16 and I am going to mount in on a rolling rack (both pictured).

I am looking for the "dog ear" brackets that will attach to the machine and secure it to the rack. I am wondering, by some stroke of luck, if anyone reading this might have something like that laying around, or offer suggestions as to what I could substitute them with. I am wondering if I will need to get them custom-made, and if so, where I could go to do that.

Any help our suggestions you may have will be appreciated!

Fostex G16.jpg71oVo0OJYZL._SL1500_.jpg

Hi

I had a G-16 for many years...it came with the standard rack mounting brackets by default, they are part of the machine...so I'm not sure why you need to rig something, unless someone removed them from your machine...?

You can see the brackets and mounting holes in the picture you posted:

Fostex G16.jpg

Very easy to make using aluminium angle.

Alan.

Yup.

Here in the USA, I've purchased aluminum "L" bars in various thickness for a variety of projects. They have a 1/8" thick bar that would work great, strong enough, and it's so easy to drill.

Last edited:
A more expensive but slightly better-looking approach is to buy rack ears for something else of about the same size in rack units, and drill holes matching the deck. I have also used those horrible bronze generic rack strips, which you put cage nuts into. It looked ugly but it did work.

Back