ROFL 388 on eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Beck

There's a place for machines in this condition. It's called the landfill LOL

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130451411150

He hates to part with it... yeah right. It works, but has a few, ummm… minor issues like no tape well cover or side panels and is covered with enough dust to grow grass in. LOL Oh and the remote doesn't work... and how odd too (seller scratches head) 'cause it was working just fine before. Hmmm... damn shame, isn't it?

I will give him credit for not saying his wife says it has to go. Well, you know me… I try to see the good in everyone. ;)

Someone needs to come out with a book of the funniest eBay listings ever. Really sometimes I'm laughing real tears.... er reel tears? Well, whichever. ;)

I’d be ok with it if the seller started it at $9.99 maybe, but $50.00 no way in hell even if it was the last 388 on the planet. And the Buy-it-Now… hehe my sides are literally hurting. Oh what the hell I guess… laughter is good for the heart. That can be a good enough reason to brows eBay listings at times. :)

And I still say eBay needs an open comment section on listings so we can warn people or just express our disgust with certain sellers.

I’m thinking something like this:

Place Bid

Buy it Now

Bite me!

The last one should send the message. ;) If a seller gets a certain number of “Bite Me’s” they would be required to reduce the opening bid to 99 cents or have to remove the listing. Yeah I know it wouldn’t be a perfect system but holy cow the listings, items, sellers and prices are just getting worse every day… didn’t think that would be possible as bad as they’ve been over the years. LOL

With a bit of a clean it would be in pretty much identical condition to my Fostex X-24. No tape cover, knobs missing, pause button doesn't work, line outs buzz like crazy, working but man one foot is in the grave.
Mind you mine it didn't get to that condition from abuse or sitting in the closet, this thing was taken through it's paces, gig - practice - demo recording then back to gig every week for a couple of years.

I think he's sad to see it go because he used it so much... and because he will barely get any money for it. Once again, same reasons why I still have my one lying around.

I have never understood why someone going thru the effort to photograph and list something online doesnt even bother spending 5 minutes with a damp cloth wiping the dust, dirt, bird droppings, or whatever off of their "treasure" before taking pictures. The local term for this unit is "road hard and put up wet".

I'd bet this sucker is on Craigslist somewhere with the comment" Ive seen these go on EBAY for $500!!"

I have never understood why someone going thru the effort to photograph and list something online doesnt even bother spending 5 minutes with a damp cloth wiping the dust, dirt, bird droppings, or whatever off of their "treasure" before taking pictures. The local term for this unit is "road hard and put up wet".

I'd bet this sucker is on Craigslist somewhere with the comment" Ive seen these go on EBAY for $500!!"

HA You mean like this guy:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200530761440#ht_1541wt_1141

"This item is covered in Barn Grime, it might also be yellowed but I can not tell for the grime."

I just want the remote to the 388.:D

That particular 388 wouldn't be bad as a parts machine. There are TWO 388s for sale (same CL listing) in Dallas, one working and one parts machine.

The popular RC-71 is the proper remote for the 388...I have TWO of them, though I still call them RC-71's...I suppose one should be called RC-71 and the other RC-72...:rolleyes:

The popular RC-71 is the proper remote for the 388...I have TWO of them, though I still call them RC-71's...I suppose one should be called RC-71 and the other RC-72...:rolleyes:

I bought one off epay and realized that it had a dsub connection on the end instead of the stock plug on the end. Pretty useless to me. Guess I'll have to hunt for another one.

I'm 15 minutes away from those 2 388's in Dallas CL. I'm tempted to go look, but 1) I do NOT need another 388.....dont use the one Ive got!! and 2) Ive shipped a 388 and its a b****,
so buying and selling becomes unappealing for these monsters.

I'd bet they both would work like champs with a bit of TLC...

For Half the price for the pair I COULD part them out :D

I bought one off epay and realized that it had a dsub connection on the end instead of the stock plug on the end. Pretty useless to me. Guess I'll have to hunt for another one.

Your hunt is complete! I HAVE one here! Though its an RC-72... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back