RMGI.......another suspect batch of tape

ausrock

Just a heads up...............

There's been another occurrence of RMGI tape shedding and this was from a different batch to the original problems. Apparently, the Aust., distributor was suitably impressed, especially as it occurred at the countries' "premier" mastering/recording studio.

:cool:

It was mentioned on a small, local forum and I have asked if there's any record of tape details available.

Another person there has encountered RMGI shedding but apparently only on the first couple of passes on new tape after which it appeared to settle down.

:cool:

I've got a friend who recently purchased some 1/2" SM900 from teletech in Ontario, Canada and he tells me it's shedding. I've seen his machine and there's no wear on the tape path so it's not the recorder.

Any word on the crook batch numbers?
I have the same problem, bought a new tape, played it through several times and it seems to be getting worse. Tape heads and path are spotless and have NO wear. It's extremely frustrating when you can't use it for more than 3 minutes without it crapping up the heads and causing dropouts.

Back