Reverbatape!

Absolutely. Reverbatape Schober RV3a I believe is the full name. That article makes it sound like this thing is reverb machine of my dreams!

I thought that "Reverbatape" was just you giving it a funny name. :D

So basically it's a tape loop delay box.
Cool.
Tape delays are fun.

I have a Multivox MX-201 (this is not my unit in the video).

I bought it new back in the late '70s...still works fine, though I honestly don't use it often enough anymore, but I still wouldn't part with it. The MX-201 is very similar to the Roland RE-201 Space Echo tape loop unit.

Just got it today and once i put a new power cable on it it worked great, except it seems like the "control" setting needs to be changed with some kind of plug (see pic in article) now i know theres no way im findin one of those plugs, is there something i can rig up to do the job? It just seems like it needs a cap and some pins.

Reading the article...it appears that this unit was meant for use with organs, and that Control connector would be a multi-pin connector running back to the organ, and more specifically with a Schober brand organ...so I'm not sure you will be able to do any "controlling" with it differently.
There is mention in the link article that this unit can also work with non-Schober organs, but you need to have them (Schober) provide for you installation instructions.

Hate to say it...but as-is, you may only get one kind of effect out of the unit (whatever it defaults to without the organ control)...and that's it.

Ehh...for $30 it isn't a major setback.

it was designed specifically for organs and some of the controls you're missing are built into the organs it was designed for.
Also ..... it's not a reverb, it's a delay.

neat little box for 30 bucks.

I've been messing with it and its definitely very cool sounding! Cool little tape delay, sounds good on vocals drums and guitar so far :cool:

Nice TASCAM!

I really like the sound of that unit.

I believe Ruadhri Cushnan used one for Mumford and Sons album Sigh No More

Got to use one of those last weekend when i was down recording at Earth analog, awesome machine, very well kept too. Sphere console, a820, atr 102, space echo...couldn't have asked for more

I've been messing with it and its definitely very cool sounding! Cool little tape delay, sounds good on vocals drums and guitar so far :cool:

Hi I just got this unit and was wondering how you set it up to make it work with those instruments. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi I just got this unit and was wondering how you set it up to make it work with those instruments. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It's going to depend an awful lot on how you've set things up. The simplest approach for guitar or vocals would be to put it between the preamp and whatever you're recording/monitoring with. I have a Watkins delay I usually use for vocals and I use it that way. If I want to run something else through I can just re-patch things slightly.

The other approach is to put it as an effect on the mixing desk. Basically all mixers have an FX or AUX circuit which you can attach an effects unit to. That's more flexible because it means you can run several different inputs into the effects unit, but the disadvantage is that everything coming back from the effects unit is merged together into a single stereo return (or for a tape delay, usually mono).

Back