Rerecording EP Part 2

dodgeaspen

As a lot of you know my band is rerecording the tracks for our EP. I wanted to post a link to the old thread that was shut down by Chater La but I'm afraid this thread might get shut down by adding it. The question's I posed was "I'm looking to beef up my master recordings with my Tascam 38. Thinking of using three tracks for drums. I'll use my overheads and tom mics bussed in to two tracks and a Shure SM57 near the kick for the snap and my homemade subkick on another track. What would be the best tracks to use on bass & vox. Is it better to put the bass on track 1 or 8? Vocals on the inner tracks? Also, do I want to separate the bass from the kick tracks? Since I'm using DBX 150's on all tracks is it necessary to use an external compressor while recording the drum tracks? Do you think I should try to run the kick on track 1, overheads panned left and right on tracks 3 & 5, bass track 8, lead guitar track 2, rhythm guitar track 7, and vox on track 5 & 6. That way the more silent or sonically important tracks can be in the middle and away from the bass to cut down on any bleed that might occur. I'm looking to get wide stereo imaging on the drum tracks.

Thanks to all who gave their suggestions on my previous thread. I will try thoes suggestions and post my findings.

Back