Removing Cards From a 388

Bugger is it? I forgot. Does it matter which one is on which side?

Also. Are these channel faders the right way up?IMGP2375.JPG

Are these channel faders the right way up?

No idea. I’m sure you can find a picture in my 388 thread to compare though.

Does it matter which one is on which side?

Well, the one plugged into the ODD buss connector on the buss B PCB needs to be on the left, and the one plugged into the EVEN buss connector on the buss B PCB needs to be on the right...

Maybe I don’t understand your question? The ODD and EVEN buss master faders themselves are identical. It doesn’t matter which one of the two is where. What matters is what the are plugged into. Obviously you’re going to plug up white to white and red to red. Here is an excerpt from the schematic...hopefully it helps you.

848C33ED-ACB2-4982-B503-4715E847497E.png

Remember, just in case, don’t trust or otherwise double-check how Teac listed the colors. The important thing is whatever is plugged into P111 on the buss B PCB is the ODD buss master fader. The other one P112 is the EVEN fader.

Let us know if you figure this out. I've had a hell of a time trying to solve this same problem on my machine. I switched out almost every card in an attempt to to see if that would help to no avail. I took it to a tech who said he solved it only to find it was not solved. One thing I did not do was switch out the power supply card, but i'm not sure if that is advisable.

So the schematic is correct? On the buss B PCB connector P111 is red and connector P112 is white?

---------- Update ----------

Let us know if you figure this out. I've had a hell of a time trying to solve this same problem on my machine. I switched out almost every card in an attempt to to see if that would help to no avail. I took it to a tech who said he solved it only to find it was not solved. One thing I did not do was switch out the power supply card, but i'm not sure if that is advisable.

What problem are you talking about? The issue with the MONO control?

I realized as I sent the last message my issue might be different. On my machine everything is coming up as a mono signal, and if you pan left or right it just gets quieter. Sounds like the issue in this thread might be a bit different. Might have jumped the gun hoping for a resolution because I have been unable to to get my machine fixed for months, and now with Chicago on lockdown I can't get the tech to follow up, let alone find another tech. I have another thread started on here, but it's been hanging in the wind because it probably requires hands on work to find the problem. Anyway, didn't mean to hijack the thread. Would still be curious to hear if this issue is resolved.

Also I'll have the bottom of my machine open tonight, so if any additional photos are needed of how it's assembled I may be able to assist.

All the cards have been replaced. It took a lot of sweating, swearing and abortive attempts (the effect and aux send pots are made of metal that will bend if you even look at it) and I lost a lot of screws down the back of the desk, but I eventually managed to get them all back in.
IMGP2377.JPG

I'm going to post this photo as well so I have a visual comparison

DSC01369.JPG

W/regards to the stereo and master buss cards. Is there much any indication in the manual as to what clips on where? I went by size, colour and ease of reach but my wiring looks different to Sweetbeats

W/regards to the stereo and master buss cards. Is there much any indication in the manual as to what clips on where? I went by size, colour and ease of reach but my wiring looks different to Sweetbeats

I can't recall for sure, but I think the connector colors and pin counts make it not possible to connect things up incorrectly.

More info please. The mixer cards, or the cardbay cards?

All of this is listed in the manual.

Also, all the cards are screened with their name.

Last edited:
The red plug that's hard-wired to the Buss A PCB, Does it go to the Buss B PCB or the Monitor Buss PCB?

Back