Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Removing Cards From a 388

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Jesus Christ this wiring is confusing. I may end up with faders that work backwards
    Orbiting this at a distance of roughly ninety-two million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital recording is a pretty neat idea.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark7 View Post
    I cropped this out of your photo

Attachment 105900

And here's a photo I took of mine before the card came out

Attachment 105901
    That’s...the same picture you posted before...you told me the faders were detached in that picture... :???:

Thanks
    Bugger is it? I forgot. Does it matter which one is on which side?

Also. Are these channel faders the right way up?imgp2375-jpg
    Orbiting this at a distance of roughly ninety-two million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital recording is a pretty neat idea.

Thanks
    Are these channel faders the right way up?
    No idea. I’m sure you can find a picture in my 388 thread to compare though.

Does it matter which one is on which side?
    Well, the one plugged into the ODD buss connector on the buss B PCB needs to be on the left, and the one plugged into the EVEN buss connector on the buss B PCB needs to be on the right...

Maybe I don’t understand your question? The ODD and EVEN buss master faders themselves are identical. It doesn’t matter which one of the two is where. What matters is what the are plugged into. Obviously you’re going to plug up white to white and red to red. Here is an excerpt from the schematic...hopefully it helps you.

848c33ed-acb2-4982-b503-4715e847497e-png

Remember, just in case, don’t trust or otherwise double-check how Teac listed the colors. The important thing is whatever is plugged into P111 on the buss B PCB is the ODD buss master fader. The other one P112 is the EVEN fader.

Thanks
    Red is odd and white is even. Cheers.

Thanks
    Let us know if you figure this out. I've had a hell of a time trying to solve this same problem on my machine. I switched out almost every card in an attempt to to see if that would help to no avail. I took it to a tech who said he solved it only to find it was not solved. One thing I did not do was switch out the power supply card, but i'm not sure if that is advisable.

Thanks
    So the schematic is correct? On the buss B PCB connector P111 is red and connector P112 is white?

---------- Update ----------

Quote Originally Posted by illuminations View Post
    Let us know if you figure this out. I've had a hell of a time trying to solve this same problem on my machine. I switched out almost every card in an attempt to to see if that would help to no avail. I took it to a tech who said he solved it only to find it was not solved. One thing I did not do was switch out the power supply card, but i'm not sure if that is advisable.
    What problem are you talking about? The issue with the MONO control?

Thanks
    I realized as I sent the last message my issue might be different. On my machine everything is coming up as a mono signal, and if you pan left or right it just gets quieter. Sounds like the issue in this thread might be a bit different. Might have jumped the gun hoping for a resolution because I have been unable to to get my machine fixed for months, and now with Chicago on lockdown I can't get the tech to follow up, let alone find another tech. I have another thread started on here, but it's been hanging in the wind because it probably requires hands on work to find the problem. Anyway, didn't mean to hijack the thread. Would still be curious to hear if this issue is resolved.

Thanks
    Also I'll have the bottom of my machine open tonight, so if any additional photos are needed of how it's assembled I may be able to assist.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to illuminations For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Cheers Lummie

Thread Information