reel-to-reel wiki

ethyrvalve

Norman Nanoweber
hi all,
I just started a little reel-to-reel wiki (hosted on a free google sites page). There's a lot of great information out there on tape machines but it's often pretty difficult to find. If anyone is interested in contributing just send me your email.
I'm sadly kinda busy these day (full time job and I play in a couple bands) so updating the site will be pretty slow going if it were up to me alone.
Here's the URL: http://sites.google.com/site/reel2reelwiki/ (Warning: it's still verrrry skeletal).

That's a great idea, though maybe it should be a little wider in scope. Like, analog audio recording and reproduction wiki :cool: This way it could include cassette 4-trackers :D

Is there any way you can make it open to anonymous article creation and editing?

maybe it should be a little wider in scope. Like, analog audio recording and reproduction wiki :cool: This way it could include cassette 4-trackers :D
good idea. i'd have no problem with cassette based recorders being added.

Is there any way you can make it open to anonymous article creation and editing?
sadly, it doesn't seem like google sites supports that.

This is an awesome idea. It's always been frustrating to me to have to scour so many different sites to get different bits of information. It would be very nice to have it all in one place.

Though it's still very lean, I think the layout you have is very user-friendly and logical. I'd love to contribute, but as I'm still very green in R2R land, I still have too much to learn! :)

This is an awesome idea. It's always been frustrating to me to have to scour so many different sites to get different bits of information. It would be very nice to have it all in one place.

Though it's still very lean, I think the layout you have is very user-friendly and logical. I'd love to contribute, but as I'm still very green in R2R land, I still have too much to learn! :)

hey even if you can put up a picture of your machines that would be a start. and don't sell yourself short. think of how much more you know compared to, say, last year...
send me your email and i'll make you a contributor.

Cool wiki. I bookmarked it, will post up pics of Fostex and Revox machine I have soon.

great!
just send an email to freelovefenner@gmail.com if you want me to add you as a collaborator.

also, if anyone is so inclined i could add them as a site 'owner' -- the only difference with that is that you have the right to change the site layout, invite people, monkey around with the sidebar ....and delete the whole site :eek::eek:

Back