Rachael Ray & Vinyl

B

Beck

Rachael Ray

While talking to Ringo Starr on her show today said she and her husband prefer listening to vinyl.

Picking up an LP she said, ”This is our preferred format for listening at home… it’s better and sounds warmer than CD.”

The lady has good taste… and she’s so damn cute. :cool:

Attachments

• rach1.jpg
    rach1.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Now if we could only have Oprah say the same on her show, we'd have a major vinyl resurgence, making the CD obsolete!:eek::D;)

(Can someone please superimpose an LP in Oprah's hand and also insert the word "vinyl", instead of 'book', behind her?:D)

BTW, yeah, RR IS cute..:D

Attachments

• Oprah.jpg
    Oprah.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 105
Rachael Ray

While talking to Ringo Starr on her show today said she and her husband prefer listening to vinyl.

Picking up an LP she said, ”This is our preferred format for listening at home… it’s better and sounds warmer than CD.”

She's got breeding hips... yummy.

Like this???

oprah.jpg

Rachael Ray

Yep, what better audio authority could you get than a cooking show host...

No, I tried, there's just nothing that can help her.... :( It still looks the same....

oprate.jpg

Yeah, but there's something about her Dunkin Donuts billboard ads ("Quick and delicious. Is quilicious a word?") that really bothers me. That, and I think her name must have been Peppermint Patty when she was growing up, he he.

-MD

Should I have rather said:

"what better audio authority could you CITE than a cooking show host ..." ?

No, it would probably have been more beneficial if you'd kept quite as you're either oblivious to, or choosing to be a smart arse and ignore the slightly deeper, underlying implications of the lady's comments.

:cool:

Should I have rather said:

"what better audio authority could you CITE than a cooking show host ..." ?

In whichever way you say it, doesn't make any difference 'cause being an 'audio authority' doesn't necessarily do anything to move merchandise. Case in point, Oprah isn't an author, per se but yet can make any book a #1 bestseller, just by mentioning it on her program. The book can be shit but still would outsell anything out-there. You are underestimating the power of influence of certain TV personalities, Rachael Ray included. Being an 'authority' on something doesn't mean anything. It's the power of conviction which counts or basically bullshitting your audience to believe whatever you want.

------

She just stated her opinion, which happens to be shared by many. CD's are on their way out. I don't see what the big deal is. Cjacek made a good point, whether she is an audio authority is completely irrevelant. The fact is she has an opinion and is in a position to influence alot more people with that opinion than an actual "audio authority", whatever that even is.

Wait a sec,....aren't audio authorities the teenagers at Best Buy who sell car stereos?

Last edited:
Back