Thread: Question about Fostex A2 and 457 Tape

Thanks

Question about Fostex A2 and 457 Tape

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hey all,

Bought this machine on Ebay a while back. Recently bought some 457 tape from U.S. Recording. Great, speedy, service. Do I now have to have my tape deck recalibrated? I don't know what type of tape the seller shipped with the A2. If it was 456, for example, do I need to recalibrate for 457?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PHILANDDON
    Hey all,

Bought this machine on Ebay a while back. Recently bought some 457 tape from U.S. Recording. Great, speedy, service. Do I now have to have my tape deck recalibrated? I don't know what type of tape the seller shipped with the A2. If it was 456, for example, do I need to recalibrate for 457?
    456 and 457 are the same formulation, but different thickness. Since it was most likely lined up for 456 to begin with, you might want to skip that. But if you aren't sure, it would probably be best to either get it calibrated to 456, or get a calibration tape yourself and at least see what it IS lined up to do.
    (I must admit I've been a bit negligent in this area myself)

Thanks
    I forget what the A2 is but if its the small 7 inch reel mixdown machine I am most sure it is set for 457 and not 456. 457 is just easier on the transport.

Thread Information