Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Question ?????

Thanks

Question ?????

Sign in to disable this ad
    Is it ridiculous to use a finalizer in mixing or mastering from a 4 track cassette recorder namely a tascam 424 Mk III .
    T Crow

Thanks
    Define, "finalizer", if you would be so kind.

Cheers!

Thanks
    Also, please define "ridiculous". Curiousity and experimentation are valid creative tools. Many times I have found something cool by following my nose. Try it out, whatever it is, and see how it goes. Learn. Experiment. Ah. These are things that bigtime studios don't afford you. Time to bone around.

I too am waiting to see what the Finalizer is. Sounds a little bit Arnold, no?

Don't feel ridiculous for being musical!

Sing out. Go for it.

Thanks

Re: Question ?????

Originally posted by gospelsing
    Is it ridiculous to use a finalizer in mixing or mastering from a 4 track cassette recorder namely a tascam 424 Mk III .
    I remember a time when I went all "ga ga" for digital and got to play with a few of these all-in-one digital multitrackers 'cause some moron told me I shouldn't be recording to cassettes and that digital is all this and that .. blah, blah, blah .... Anyway, don't let no body tell ya somethin' is "ridiculous". I've learned that nothing is "ridiculous" when making music. Use any tool and any technique, however silly it may seem to you or your buddies. Whatever works for YOU and improves YOUR "sounds" is all good. Now ... what the hell is a "finalizer" ??

Daniel

Thanks
    I suspect he means one of these.
    Orbiting this at a distance of roughly ninety-two million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital recording is a pretty neat idea.

Thanks
    Originally posted by Mark7
    I suspect he means one of these.
    Looks like it's nothing more than a fancy multiband compressor with low / mid / high eq, which is all good I guess. An all in one unit. Cool. Makes your song more "radio like". . Sure, I see no reason not to use it with a 424 mkIII, unless, of course, your mixes suck. Then, even the most fanciful gear won't help.

Daniel

Thanks

Re: Question ?????

Originally posted by gospelsing
    OK. So, if it is this processor from TC Electronics that you are referring to; It might be over-kill for your current format of recording but it still would prove useful if you have some wild dynamics to tame and handy for making CDs with because of digital's intolerance for clipping over the zero db mark. The equalizer section can also prove very functional if your mixes are more or less good and balanced but, still off a bit because of the monitors and their interaction with your room acoustics which might not be clinically perfect.

So, yes. use it or, give it to me!

Cheers!

Thanks
    Use it if it makes your stuff sound better to you. But if all you have is a 4 track cassette unit It would not be the first thing I would go out and buy to make an inprovment in my studio or sound.

Thanks
    Originally posted by Herm
    Use it if it makes your stuff sound better to you. But if all you have is a 4 track cassette unit It would not be the first thing I would go out and buy to make an inprovment in my studio or sound.
    Right, especially when we don't have much to go on 'cept the fact that he uses a 424 mkIII.

gospelsing: Can you please let us know what "other" gear you currently have and, if it's possible, post us a link to one of your tunes so we can make some recommendations ? Or at least tell us why you chose the "finalizer" ???

Daniel

Thanks
    I have a nady dual band compressor cl5000 I think and a dual 15 band EQ with 1/4" , xrl, and rca jacks. I also have a set of m audio sp-5B powered monitor speakers . I,ve been using peavy dynamic mics diomond series and a sp58 I know it's not the best but I also have a $5000 dollar pa system and I use the 12 channel Peavy board some times just for flexablity . And not to forget the reverb unit .

I posted this once and thought it went but I got bumped of at the time

. I've been using my 12 " pa monitor and a power amp to record and play on because my m-audios are connected to my computer .

And I really don't know how to send or post music on here I can convert to mp3 with roxie or wave file with studio 7 a computer program I've got on my computer but don't like it for editing or recording.

What does good with 4 track cassette recorders as far as outboard gear goes. And buy the way the finalizer I was looking for is a behringer ultra dyne pro dsp8024 for $ 179.00 it has a tubesimulater, multiband comp., enhancer, exciter, limiter, gate, and a bunch of other things i can't remember . I saw it at music123 .
    T Crow

Thread Information