Post Your Outrageous Junkbay Price Listings Here.

The Teac 5 has been upgraded with colored knobs. That makes it extra "rare" and "vintage" and will add that warm analog color to your recordings.

I don't know if it's worthy of scorn- 8 days left, but it's only at twenty bucks- I'd consider it if I was local.

I don't know if it's worthy of scorn- 8 days left, but it's only at twenty bucks- I'd consider it if I was local.

Actually, scorn was the $4500 BIN, which is gone, so scorn removed... I don't need either machine at the moment, and my cousin has an 80-8 sitting in his garage...

This isn't ebay, but I was just quoted £8100 for a spare MSR-24 head. I can only assume it would be a one-off custom part or something.

This isn't ebay, but I was just quoted £8100 for a spare MSR-24 head. I can only assume it would be a one-off custom part or something.

I emailed a company a hwile back in teh US midwest that makes recording heads, but didn't get a response. It seems interesting that the narrow gauge (1/4" 8 track 1/2" 16 are the ones unavailable. I wonder just how hard they are to manufacture.

BTW, openreel.net in Japan lists MSR24 heads for about US$ 2,900 or so. (225000 yen)

There's also the most famous/repected of them all, JRF magnetics. I've also hear good things about AMP Services but haven't dealt with them.

For 8100GBP, that puppy had better come with a free used car! LOL! :D

Is it just me or is the price of just about everything gotten asinine lately. $250 for a dbx 180, $315 for an ART MDC 2001 (I paid $35 or so for one) Tascam DX-4D $247.50 (that price must have been set by some seriously detailed PhD economics expert market opinion there...)

WTF?????

Is it just me or is the price of just about everything gotten asinine lately. $250 for a dbx 180, $315 for an ART MDC 2001 (I paid $35 or so for one) Tascam DX-4D $247.50 (that price must have been set by some seriously detailed PhD economics expert market opinion there...)

WTF?????

No, it's not just you. They've been that way for a while, they leave the stuff up and the it just sits there. No one buys it. What's the point? Some of it has to do with ebay and paypal raising their prices , but.... $600.00 for a Fostex spring reverb??

Funny eBay Listing of the Week! :D

TASCAM 22-2 REEL-TO-REEL 2-TRACK PLAYER / RECORDER / REPRODUCER | eBay

Seller: lndshark1970

Listing Tascam 22-2 with Buy-it Now of $420.00 :facepalm:

I see BR-20's go for only a hundred to two hundred dollars more than this and 32's for much less. :confused: He keeps listing it and the price is coming down. Last time it was $460.00, but don't hold your breath. At the current price it will probably take him half a year to give up and get reasonable.

The unit has a critical part missing, there are no photos or description of the heads. The right reel table hold-down looks a little bent, but that could be the angle of the photo. They are often bent due to poor storage or shipping and have to be replaced. Description says he is selling it for less than others because of the missing end cap on one on the tension rollers. Less than what!!! Hahaha I have two of these... one in like new condition with new heads and even I admit that might sell for $250.00 if I'm lucky... but anyway I'm not selling, so it doesn't matter.

I was shown this by a colleague and he was laughing so hard... well he had been up late and was a little slap happy, but still... yes, it is funny... unless you're drunk or stupid enough to buy it. You'll hate yourself in the morning.

Avoid this seller! Just one of many either out of touch with reality or trying to take advantage of newcomers to analog. No other critter would give this overpriced doorstop a second look. Lord have mercy!
:drunk: :spank: :)

I'll see your overpriced Teac 22-2 and raise you a set of Alesis micro series for $405.00.

Alesis Micro Enhancer, Parametric Equalizer, & Limiter, Vintage Rack | eBay

I still haven't figured out an easy way to exclude sellers, except using the advanced search function. But the extra effort to do that is worth filtering out the WTF?'s

Hahaha :) Oh yeah, that's our flowerpot friend, 9guitar. I sometimes wonder if he's smoking whatever he's growing in those flowerpots. I've yet to figure his angle. He lists the same items over and over, some have been siting there a year with hundreds of views and of course no takers. My best guess is he's got long term goals, of trying to raise the average price on eBay and the biggest fools are other sellers who see his listings and use them for reference as to what they should start an item for. Unfortunately it's working. Now that he's been around for a while starting bids have really shot up. Of course we all know that what something is listed for and what it will ultimately sell for are entirely different things. I wish everyone were as discerning. It would make our job of helping newcomers to the analog scene much easier. But anyway... you win with this listing. I fold! LOL

Rule of thumb for all: If you see the flowerpots in a pic, run like hell! You don't have to remember the seller name, just remember those damn pots and don't get fooled by the pretty pics. The Alesis Micro series units are worth about 25 to 30 bucks tops in excellent condition, but I've bought them for as little as $10.00 in perfect condition.

EDIT: Best way to exclude sellers is in advanced search. Near the very bottom of the advanced search page is a heading in bold that says Sellers. Click on the box right under that and then choose Exclude from the drop-down list. The box defaults to "Include" and it's right under where it says, "Specific sellers (enter seller's user IDs)." Then in the blank box next to where you chose, "Exclude" you just enter the seller IDs separated by a space of those you don't want to see. Also if you only want to see listing from your country or region you can exclude everything but the country where you live. Since I'm in the USA I normally narrow my searches to the US only, or North America, which is basically the US and Canada. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
I don't know if this is outrageous or not, but there is a TASCAM 388 with a starting bid of $600.00. The seller claims that is was recently service and works great. This is what he wrote about it:

"Achieve some nice analog sounds with the Tascam 388! This machine has been recently serviced by a technician (Mr. Wizard in Austin, TX - 7.20.12). He did an excellent job, and this beast is ready to roll. I will include the transferable 90-day warranty*. It works beautifully. The only issues are the VU meters on tracks 3, 6, and 8. They do not always immediately return all the way to their resting place. This is a tiny thing, but I want to be very up-front about any issues."

Tascam 388 w/ Original Manual, Dust Cover, and Warranty! Analog Goodness! | eBay

Back