Post Your Analog Recordings Here...

Hi guys, its been a while since I last posted something here.

I've been recording some basic live performances and posting on Youtube. Its been roughly a year since I could get me a TASCAM 414 and all of the latest posts I uploaded there have been recorded using it.

This particular one have been mixed using the EQ of the TASCAM and a delay pedal. The only digital element is the limiter I used on Studio One when I "exported" the tape mix to the interface.

Anyway, hope to post more stuff soon.

Here is the link:

Hope to hear your thoughts about it.

Hi guys, its been a while since I last posted something here.

I've been recording some basic live performances and posting on Youtube. Its been roughly a year since I could get me a TASCAM 414 and all of the latest posts I uploaded there have been recorded using it.

This particular one have been mixed using the EQ of the TASCAM and a delay pedal. The only digital element is the limiter I used on Studio One when I "exported" the tape mix to the interface.

Anyway, hope to post more stuff soon.

Here is the link:

Hope to hear your thoughts about it.

Nice one! The vocal could maybe use some subtle compression, LA-2A style, just to help keep it over the guitar. I'm not a guitarist, but I'm guessing it's the pick attack (?) on the guitar that's a bit harsh? How is the guitar recorded -- pickup or mic? If it's a mic, maybe play with positioning a bit?

Thanks for your considerations, SR!

Unfortunately, I dont have any outboard compressor, and I wanted to try to avoid any digital processing, just for fun, so, in that case I could have just turned the vocals up a bit.

The guitar was recorded using a Shure SM57 just below the camera view, pointing at the sound hole. I turned the EQ up a bit on the "High" frequencies (I dont know extacly which frequency it boosts). Maybe that was not necessary!!!

Back