Page 129 of 129 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 127 128 129
Results 1,281 to 1,285 of 1285

Thread: Post Your Analog Recordings Here...

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Guys, it has been a while. A lot of the music I've made since I last posted here has been...gasp...DIGITAL!

That's changed now, I broke out the Tascam 244 for use during a 48hr Film Project in Denver and I thought I'd pass some stuff on. These are 3 pieces I made while they were shooting just to give an idea what I was feeling based on the script, what I saw them shoot, etc.

I used a recorder with a lot of breaths (and percussive hits), as well as my Arturia Minibrute and a borrowed Minimoog.

I'd like to write about my experience on this too. The production borrowed a house for the weekend, and it had a music room in the basement, reasonably soundproof, so I just carted all my stuff in there and slept on the couch for the weekend. We didn't know what we were going to be doing until Sunday night, I woke up in the morning and they were already getting ready for their shoot (12hr day) so I put some pieces together to see just how long it would take me to get the music done. I think I used tape just to see if I could (also although I now have a Mac with Pro Tools I don't have a recording interface...luckily there was a Focusrite at the house that I borrowed, but we ran into complications and I ended up having to record in one room and then cart the portastudio into the living room so I could use the TV as a monitor, so that's how I dumped everything to digital). For the 9min of music here it took me 7hrs to complete, from laying the first track to final mix and output.

For the next day when recording the actual score I started with a fresh tape and the editing got really behind, so I was extremely stressed out and the version I turned in for the film wasn't near what I wanted it to be but deadlines and stuff. Also, channel 1 on my 244 has completely dropped out and I'm trying to figure out what's wrong but that threw me off too; the final film score really has only 3 tracks and the mix is very sloppy (I cleaned it up last night), dunno if I'm allowed to post that or if it needs to wait until after the film screens. Either way I'll be back to share that one when I can. Hope everyone here is holding the faith!

Thanks
    Neat, sounds like you were having fun with the filter resonance there. Overall it has a nice horror movie vibe going there.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmorris View Post
    Neat, sounds like you were having fun with the filter resonance there. Overall it has a nice horror movie vibe going there.
    "Filter Resonance" might just be my favorite term Also varying levels of Brute Factor, which is an internal feature so you don't have to loop the headphone out to the external audio in. I've been playing this thing for nearly 5 years and I still don't understand all the ins and outs.

Thanks

So. This thing is a medley of songs from different time periods. I've tried to use period-correct recording techniques, e.g. 4 track with bouncing for the 1968 section, 16 tracks for 1973, 24 tracks and bucket-brigade delays for 1983, and so forth. I considered using a DAW for the 2003 segment, but in the end did it on 24-track anyway. Everything has been recorded to 1/4" and spliced together with razorblades.
    Recording equipment used was mostly the Otari MX80, TASCAM TSR-8 and Studer A807.

Thanks
    Well if we're all getting in the mood for posting tracks then here's something I just finished*
    Context, instruments recorded on my Yamaha MT4X and mixed in Protools, vocals completely digital, just works out better for me that way.
    Really don't know what to make of it, I didn't have any reference points for it neither in songwriting or mixing, I just played it, recorded it and mixed it. My friends know that I play guitar and was in bands, but for years now I've kept it quiet, but i'll share the dirty little secret with you total strangers.

Impossible | Max Doubt

Also there's a "video" on youtube but I think whatever bandcamp uses to stream sounds better than pootube

*bandcamp says release date was 2017, but it was an older track I just replaced with a new one...because i dunno

Thread Information