Please help identify this drum set

cjacek

Analogue Enthusiast
Yeah, I know, I'm a total newbie when it comes to drums but can you guys help me identify the attached? I know it's a 3 piece with one bass drum[?] on the floor, a snare drum[?] and a hi-hat? Another stupid question, can a person buy these separately and what is the usual cost involved? Thanks.:o

Attachments

• drums.jpg
    drums.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 55
Yeah, I know, I'm a total newbie when it comes to drums but can you guys help me identify the attached? I know it's a 3 piece with one bass drum[?] on the floor, a snare drum[?] and a hi-hat? Another stupid question, can a person buy these separately and what is the usual cost involved? Thanks.:o

Sure, you can buy em separately on ebay. At one time I was looking at drums on there all the time and I'd see all kinds of pieces. Are you asking the brand or the type of drums they are? It looks like a jazz type kit from the 50s maybe a Gretsch or Slingerland. But it's really hard to tell. Who's the picture of?

I cant tell what they are:confused: If your looking for vintage stuff Dan to give you a idea 2 years ago I bought a kick, floor tom, and high tom from 1965 and had to give 950.00 for the 3 pieces. Then I added a snare from 67 and that was about 450.00. so it can add up. Alot of It just depends on the vintage and the brand.
The kit that guy is playing would be concidered a 2 piece kit.

It also looks like it could vey well be a set of Kent drums. They had a large round badge like that and the throwoff is rather large also. They Also like alot of the cheaper sets had a single cymbal rod holder in the middle and at the front of the bass drum. They where a cheap set of drums that where made in the usa in the old days. Also alot of the sets that came from japan in the 60,s had that same cymbal holder.

Too many people to thank by name so thank you guys! You answered my questions and then some! Yeah, "vintage" what I was looking for and it sure can add up cost wise!! :eek::D

And if you go with vintage cymbals like old K,s . Its nothing to pay 400 to 500 for just a 16 inch crash and some pay 2200.00 for a ride:eek:

And if you go with vintage cymbals like old K,s . Its nothing to pay 400 to 500 for just a 16 inch crash and some pay 2200.00 for a ride:eek:

The drummer I regularly play with uses a newer Gretsch kit and he owns a few old K's worth about $1500 a piece. Nothing comes close to it. It is a dream to record.

Back