Pinch Roller Rubber cleaner??

yetipur

Does anyone know what the best type of rubber cleaner should be used for the pinch roller of an analog tape machine? Please name a specific brand if you can. Thanks in advance for any and all help, and have a nice day :)

Teac used to make the best rubber cleaner but it is no longer made. Caig Laboratories has one that should work well. Sony used to recommend undiluted dishsoap for the pinchrollers on their digital reel to reels. Whatever is used, make certain the surface is totally dry before loading any tape.

I used a 50% windex 50% water solution on my cassette deck pinch roller, but I think that did more harm than good. That machine eats my tape all the time.

Straight Windex on a Q-Tip for regular cleaning and CaiKleen RBR every month or so for reconditioning. I always used the Teac RC-1 (Later RC-2) before they discontinued it.

Once a pinch roller starts getting sticky/gummy nothing will help it and it must be replaced.

:)

i was surprised about the amount of gunk that came off my pnch rollers when I used a little washing up liquid diluted with water. There is nothing that can harm the rubber , It's cheap, easy to get hold of & your pinch roller will smell like a forest of elms :eek:

Back