Pinch roller cleaner

superbeatballer

Has anyone purchased this before?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pro-Tape-Deck-P...ryZ15000QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I bought mine on April 17th, and still no cleaner to my name. I know its only $15 dollars with shipping, but that's my $15. The listing says it should be shipped in under a week. Where is it?

They did return an email and told me to be patient because they were backlogged and having server issues. Well, my patience has run out. I'm about to initiate a chargeback.

Is this stuff any good? Where else can I find pinch roller cleaner on the cheap?

Thanks, Ryan.

Yeah, CaiKleen is good stuff.

My general rule – if it doesn’t make you dizzy and cause cancer it won’t fully rejuvenate a rubber roller. :D

Below is a pic of my original glass bottle of TEAC rubber cleaner RC1 from 1979 (later they had aluminum bottles RC2). Still has about 1/3 left… that’s how little you need to use. This used to be “The stuff.”

Some of the chemicals in it have been banned. It’s now illegal to posses in several states. :D

TEAC RC-2 was also good stuff, though less carcinogenic. It was made by Rawn from Spooner Wisconsin. TEAC no longer sells it, but you may want to try Rawn Re-Grip.

http://www.rawnamerica.com/products.php

Attachments

• RB1.jpg
    RB1.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:
I still have 3/4 bottle of Fostex rubber cleaner from 1986. :D

That happened to me recently that they didn't have an item I bought in auction on ebay. It really ticked me off. Should they be selling out of stock items on an auction site even if it is "buy it now"? I'd cancel the order.

According to the MSDS data the stuff you won on eBay is the same as this, (made by Chemtrec.) It has the citrus stuff in it like Fast Orange.

http://www.tselectronic.com/techspray/1612.html

Material Data Safety Sheet (MSDS)
http://www.techspray.com/newmsds/English/ms1612bEng.pdf

Normally eBay stores don't offer anything unique when it comes to parts and chemicals, and they often cost more.

Prices keep going up at that eBay store too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=9725485379
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5879768291

Last edited:
Let's see here. Its been 25 days, and it still hasn't arrived. I think we can surmise that this is not the place to buy your cleaner, even if its the best shit on earth whos fumes would render you non compus mentus :cool: <-(butchered Latin)upon opening the bottle. My rubber can wait no longer. I'll be shopping elsewere. Thanks for the leads. :D

I bought the exact same stuff from the exact same seller.

Their a little disorganized, but they're honest. Just keep bugging them.

I got a kit, with head cleaner, pinch roller cleaner, and a demagger from them. Instead, I got a demagger, and vinyl cleaner spray. (???)

So I asked for tape head cleaner and pinch roller cleaner, which was what I ordered, and he sent me two bottles of pinch roller cleaner. (!!!)

I emailed him again, and he sent me two bottles of tape head cleaner.

SO.......In the end, I got twice as much as I paid for, along with vinyl cleaner, but it took a month and a half. They were REALLY apologetic about the whole fiasco, which, i guess made up for the time delay. Hey.......I didn't complain about free stuff.

And yes, the product itself works all right. But, it will not do any good to an aging pinch roller. If the rubber is starting to degrade, this chemical is NO FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH FOR YOUR PINCH ROLLER. If your pinch roller is in decent shape, and you want to clean it up, it works fine. So just keep bugging him, and demand 2 bottles. Hell, why not?

-callie-

Muckelroy said:
I bought the exact same stuff from the exact same seller.

Their a little disorganized, but they're honest. Just keep bugging them.

I got a kit, with head cleaner, pinch roller cleaner, and a demagger from them. Instead, I got a demagger, and vinyl cleaner spray. (???)

So I asked for tape head cleaner and pinch roller cleaner, which was what I ordered, and he sent me two bottles of pinch roller cleaner. (!!!)

I emailed him again, and he sent me two bottles of tape head cleaner.

SO.......In the end, I got twice as much as I paid for, along with vinyl cleaner, but it took a month and a half. They were REALLY apologetic about the whole fiasco, which, i guess made up for the time delay. Hey.......I didn't complain about free stuff.

And yes, the product itself works all right. But, it will not do any good to an aging pinch roller. If the rubber is starting to degrade, this chemical is NO FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH FOR YOUR PINCH ROLLER. If your pinch roller is in decent shape, and you want to clean it up, it works fine. So just keep bugging him, and demand 2 bottles. Hell, why not?

-callie-
My rubber is o.k.. I just wanted to prevent any premature aging. I suppose I'll email them again.

Its just troubling that they boast such quick shipping times and here I am almost a month later with nothing. Meanwhile, they have many new auctions for the same product. I hope those bidders have better luck than me. Caveat emptor!!

I've been ebaying for years now, and its just getting worse.

We are sorry it has not arrived we shipped it right away but we will ship another one tomarrow or monday. They are sent in a Jiffy paper bubble mailer which is a yellowish tan paper color. If the first one arrives tomarrow before 1 pm please email us and let us klnow ok. And please make sure no one if there is other that they just havent forgotten to tell you which happens all the time. So when or if a second mailer arrives from us please dont open it and write return to sender on it and leave it for your mail carrier ok so no more fees are charged to either of us. Again I am very sorry the first one has not arrived.I remember when you purchased it I was online and printed your invoice for shipping. Your going to be pleased with your cleaner.

We'll see.

superbeatballer said:
. And please make sure no one if there is other that they just havent forgotten to tell you which happens all the time.

I must have reread that line 10 times. :confused:

I like to transalte things like this through several languages and back to English to see what they really mean.

ENGLISH ORIGINAL
And please make sure no one if there is other that they just haven’t forgotten to tell you which happens all the time.

ENGLISH-to-FRENCH
Et veuillez s'assurer que personne s'il y a autre ce elles juste havent oublié à ne t'indiquent ce qui se produit toute heure.

FRENCH-to-DUTCH
En zal ervan willen overtuigen dat niemand als hij er ander dit zij heeft net vergetene om je niet aangeven havent wat zich elk uur voordoet.

DUTCH-to-ENGLISH
And of it buy from us don't expect us to send it very soon only expect delay and exactly every excuse we can think of to stall for time.

:D

"should be there very soon we have been super swampped and our printer company did hold us up by a printing error of the labels for the cleaners. Sorry for the wait we are doing the best with even our internet server having major problems at that recieving and sending emails. Thank you for your patients.."

Its been 27 days. If I had any patients they'd be dead on the table by now.

I suppose I should lay this issue to rest.

superbeatballer said:
"should be there very soon we have been super swampped and our printer company did hold us up by a printing error of the labels for the cleaners. Sorry for the wait we are doing the best with even our internet server having major problems at that recieving and sending emails. Thank you for your patients.."

Its been 27 days. If I had any patients they'd be dead on the table by now.

I suppose I should lay this issue to rest.

paypal chargeback before it's too late. Them "doing the best they can" isn't what you bid on. ;)

It's a blessing in disguise. You can get the CaiKleen RBR or similar. :)

The complaint process takes a while too. After filing it you probably won't hear back from paypal for at least a week so I'd start it now.

SteveMac said:
The complaint process takes a while too. After filing it you probably won't hear back from paypal for at least a week so I'd start it now.

I'm going to ride this one out and see how far they'll go. Its $15 worth of entertainment, and I may save someone else a future headache. Also, I would hate to get a retalitory feedback on such a small purchase.

Hopefully they don't start selling pro-audio.

Back